~Chapter 4~

It was late night when I was packing my bag. I threw one pair of cloth and few necessary stuff inside the bagpack when I heard the knock on my door.

"Cabir?" I saw him leaning on the door frame.

"You're going somewhere?" He asked while I looked down and sat on the bed sighing.

I felt him sitting beside me and patting my back.

"Main... I went to Murthy Residence. It was locked!" He informed while I looked at him.

"They shifted four years back." I said.

"Hmm... Where were you then?" He inquired.

I sighed and took out her leaving certificate from my bag and handed it to him.

"This is... Nandini's...." He frowned.

"College gaya tha. Administration se uska address aur contact details ke liye. Every student has to provide their last contact details to admin when they issue Leaving Certificate." I said looking at the paper in his hand.

"Yah so, what is her levaing certificate doing here?" He asked.

I let out a deep breath "Because she never went there to take this. In fact there's no database of her in the records only the ones which we know already" I was frustrated.

It felt like it's a dark room and I am flapping my hands and legs to find the brightness.

"What? How is that even possible?" He was equally shocked as me.

"I know right. She doesn't want me to find her!" I bit my lip to control the urge of crying.

"Tou... ab?" He cleared his throat and asked.

I took a deep breath and let it go turning my head towards him "Mangalore."

"You are going there?" He asked unsure.

I nodded and stood up to pack my bag again "yes! There's no way she would not be there. Amms... Amms was the nearest to her. Even if she is not there, Amms wouod know."

"Manik tu sure hai? I mean yaha..." He stood up too and asked worriedly.

"Haan Cabir. I have this sudden urge to see her. My heart is not listening to me. Something is wrong Cabir. I need to find her to see if she is okay. Dil betha jaa raha hai mera" I placed my hand on my heart which was beating.

Firstly, Murthys shifting their house, Nandini's disappearance, no database of hers in college. All of that are giving me wrong signals and intuitions. I need to find her as soon as possible.

"Dude! What about... Veebha?" He asked and my eyes shot up at him.

Veebha? My fiancé? Was I doing right?

"I know I am no one to speak in between but you just got engaged to her. Aur phir ye... I understand tu Nandini ko dhundhna chahta hai and..." He stopped suddenly.

I looked at him and his eyes were stuck at the door. I followed his gaze and found Veebha standing at the door step looking at me.

I looked away not wanting her to see or read my eyes. I started zipping up my bag.

"You want company? I can come with you" Cabir spoke and I just shook my head.

"No... you manage here!" I said and nodded.

He just nodded and walked out of the room leaving Veebha and me alone.

I pressed my lips together while she came in and handed me few medicines.