~Chapter 16~

~'Move On' Mind Decided. 'Hold On' Heart Convinced!~

******

Manik was lost sitting in his room. It was already past eleven and they have to leave for the wedding. Everyone stood outside of his room letting him decide what he wants to do.

He was holding MaNan bands in his hand and was caressing it lightly.

'MaNan forever... Humesha!'

'So finally I am good enough for you?'

'No I am strong enough to say it!'

'I will shine for you Manik!'

'You protect me Nandini! You are my shining star!'

Thoda sa Main Rootha Hun
Thoda sa Main Toota Hun
Thoda sa Tere Bina

He opened his eyes with a jerk as he remembered all the promises that they had made once. Not to let go of each other, to love each other, to trust, to shine, to protect. What happened to that?

When did their love become so weak? When did his love became selfish? He believed Nandini deserved all the happiness in this world. Ahan was her happiness. And he was snatching it away from her? For his own happiness? He cannot be serious. For a moment, he behaved impulsively but his heart reminded him that what and how Nandini is so important to him. And to his heart.

Tears ran down his eyes.

Aansoo ruk se gaye
Thode thak se gaye
Beh gaye Tere Bina

He heard a soft giggle from somewhere, he turned around to see Nandini smilingly twirling Ahan round. Ahan was happy too. He smiled contently. From side he saw himself standing there admiring the duo and walking towards them. He softly kissed her forehead making her smile and stood facing each other looking at each other with Ahan sandwitched between them.

They looked happy and content

Tears roll down his eyes as he saw his dream fading away from in front of his eyes.

Main Tera hun, Aisi jagah mein jo bepataah ho
Jaha fasle, naa ho aur hum tum bepanaah ho

The dream which he wanted to live, not he and Ahan alone. But He, His star and their son! Their happily ever after.

His heart clenched in a knot tears still rolling down from his eyes.

Why can't God give us what we want? We always imagine and dream so much but we never get it. Hoping that tgere's something good waiting for us out there but that's not always true. Sometimes someone is so unlucky that all they could have is tears and pain. Manik was one of them.