56: Nice Talk

02x07; Gilead

-i was on vacation, pls forgive me for the delay on updating!!-

-
i was on vacation, pls forgive me for the delay on updating!!
-

Rose sat on the bed as she finished setting up her phone, and glanced at the piece of paper she set next to it, most likely Diego's number.

She inhaled as she added his phone number into her contacts, and as she typed the last number Brea burst through the door.

"The guys are here," Brea grinned a bit. Rose just frowned and quickly grabbed the paper and phone before following Brea out.

Rose nervously walked out of the clubhouse to see Gemma and Tara standing outside.

Rose frowned as she watched all of the guys pour into the clubhouse. Brea and Rose stepped aside from the doorway, letting the guys walk in.

Rose looked at Clay sadly, and he just had anger in his face. When he looked at Rose, his face softened as he walked towards her, and hugged her. Rose was taken by surprise as she slowly hugged him back. He released the embrace, and gave her another sad look before walking into the clubhouse. She frowned, and stood there frozen. This was the first sign of affection she's received from her father in a while.

She frowned as she glanced to see Jax walking the other way, and she didn't feel like choosing sides... No matter how hard Clay tried.

This was all irritating and frustrating to Rose, and suddenly, partying seemed like the best idea ever.

"Brea?" Rose stopped walking, and turned around to face her. "Let's go to this party."

-

Rose pulled up a block away, surprised at how many people showed up, the street was packed with cars.

"Is Nick coming?" Rose asked.

"No, were sorta on a break." Brea frowned, causing Rose to drop her smile.

"I—.. I'm sorry, Brea." Rose frowned as well, and hooked arms with Brea as they walked down the street. "Get high as you want and as drunk as you want tonight.. after all, I'm driving." Rose winked.

"Are you sure?"

"Very... I haven't really been the best friend lately." Rose chuckled sadly.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Brea sighed, and unhooked arms with her before walking into the party. Rose let her walk away, before walking past people hanging out in the yard, searching for any familiar faces.

"Rosa!" Nacho yelled, causing Rose to turn to his voice.

"Nacho! W—What are you doing?—" She paused as she saw someone throw a watermelon at him, before he swung at it, shattering it into little pieces.

"Wanna try?" Nacho asked, and Rose laughed.

"Oh, you're serious?" Rose widened her eyes, before he handed her the bat.

"Give it your best shot." He winked as he went to grab a watermelon. People nearby cheered and whistled as Nacho prepared to throw it.

"What are you waiting for? Give it your best shot!" Rose yelled playfully, before Nscho threw it and Rose swung at it. Some gasped as she saw the bat split in half, while the watermelon smashed against the concrete. Rose kneeled down to grab both pieces of the bat, before walking towards Nacho.

"I think you need a new bat." She chuckled, before handing him what was left of the bat, and walking into the house. Her heart was searching for Diego, but her mind wanted to wander elsewhere. That would be safer for her heart, anyways. She also regretted the promise to Brea about staying sober for the night.

Rose walked around, feeling a little out of place. The house smelled like sex and weed, and for the first time, it made Rose cringe. With Esai she'd feel safe at these parties. Everyone knew who she was and left her alone, but still, she still felt a bit empty without him by her side.

"Rose!" Stefano walked through the crowd of people in the living room.

"Hey!" She on a fake smile, before walking into his embrace, hugging him back.

"I didn't know you'd be here," He muffled before releasing the embrace.

"Diego invited me." She smirked as she glanced down at his beer. "Where can I find one of those?"

"You're not legal yet. Sorry Rosie." He winked.

"Neither are you!" Rose gasped and pushed his chest, while he cackled.

"Follow me," He chuckled before bring her to a red cooler full of beer.

"Thanks," Rose smirked before grabbing one. She handed it to Stefano for him to open it while her eyes wandered around the house, seeing Draco out on the porch again.

"Hey, has Draco always been like this?" Rose frowned.

"Yeah, his mom passed away a few weeks ago. He's still taking it pretty hard." Stefano slurred as he lazily opened the bottle, handing it to Rose. Some guys started to cheer, catching Stefano's attention. "I'll be right back,"

Rose just nodded and waited for him to walk away, until she headed outside to Draco.

"Is this your signature spot?" Rose grinned softly as she walked up to Draco, sitting in a nearby chair. She frowned as he continued to stare out into nothing. "Okay...." She mumbled quietly to herself. Rose liked the silence, and the calm, even if it was a little awkward, she wanted to stay outside with Draco.

This gave her time to daydream herself.

Esai.

Just to hear his voice gave her chills.

But Vincent gave her the same chills... Maybe she never stopped caring for Vincent. All the anger built up from him being with Maren made her feel as if she lost feelings.

Though, she didn't.

His face appeared in her mind, making her smile. All she wanted to do was hug him.

"I gotta go. Nice talk." Rose mumbled before standing up, and leaving while Draco kept staring into nothing.

Rose walked in, and saw a drunk Brea and drunk Diego making out on the couch. Rose frowned in disgust, but at this point, Diego was no longer on her mind.

Also, it's not like Rose has been the greatest friend to Brea either. She let it go, before stomping through the front door and to her car.

"Rosa! Where ya goin?" Nacho yelled from the front yard.

"I need to go see someone, I'll be back." Rose lied as she smiled reassuringly, as she got into her car and drove up to Vincent's place.

Her mind was racing with thought of Vincent, every memory of them gave her butterflies.

She basically ran up the stairs and to his apartment, knocking and ringing the doorbell. Her heart dropped as the door opened.

"Rose?" He winced sleepily as he answered the door, topless and in pajama pants.