47. Beauty Takes Time

02x04; Eureka

-

"Is Brea here?" Rose frowned as she looked around the shop, since Brea told her to bring them there.

"Nah. I can give her a message for you, though." The guy grinned softly.

"Can you tell her I stopped by?" Rose frowned.

"Of course." The guy shrugged.

"Thanks," Rose mumbled before leaving the shop, and looking around angrily. Brea never said she would actually be at the shop. Rose huffed to herself, feeling stupid for driving all the way out to Mayan territory.

Not that they didn't welcome her anyways, it was just a preference not to be there.

"Rose?" A man asked, as Rose turned around to see who it was.

  Rose froze as she looked towards Alvarez. Her heart sank, reminding her of Esai. At this point, she wanted to stay single forever. Along with keeping her legs closed... Meanwhile; she thought of saying to saw to him, but couldn't.

"You getting some ink?" Alvarez simply grinned as he walked towards her.

"Maybe another time." Rose explained. "You?"

"Yeah." Alvarez simply mumbled.

"How's everyone?" Rose asked, hinting towards Esai.

"We're doing okay." Alvarez nodded. "Club business will always be club business, though."

"I guess so." Rose glared at the club business comment. She didn't know that a father could say that about his own son. "See you around?"

"Yeah." Alvarez nodded before he walked into the parlor. Rose sighed, releasing the air she was holding during the awkward conversation. She sat in her car for a second, too much Esai in one day. It was almost as if it was perfect timing, as Brea pulled up next to her.

Rose jumped at that, and rolled her eyes before she dug around, trying to grab her guns to give her.

"Hey! Hurry up!" Brea hissed, tapping on Rose's window.

"Can everyone stop doing that?" Rose mumbled to herself, as she grabbed the two, rolling her window down.

"Thanks." Rose mumbled as Brea took the two guns.

"No problem. I'll give them to you in about a week." Brea shrugged.

"A week?" Rose winced.

"Yeah, maybe more. Sorry, beauty takes time." Brea scoffed before walking away. Rose watched her walk inside, chuckling to herself. She missed their friendship, but as stubborn as she was, she wasn't going to make the first move. And neither was Brea.

Even if Rose did hit her with a wrench last week.

Rose headed to T.M., still in her dance wear, as Unser was following her. She shrugged it off, assuming she did nothing wrong that day, before parking and heading to the office.