8. Don't Get Burned

01x02; Seeds

-

"Look how beautiful," Rose said in awe, as she looked at her car. "Thanks you guys,"

"Rosalie! I'm goin' to see Abel. Wanna come?" Gemma asked as she walked out of the office.

"Yeah, I'll drive." Rose smirked twirling the keys in her hand. She knew her mom didn't mind when she walked towards her car. Rose got into the car and started it.

Looking around at the inside of it, the incident replayed in her mind.

"Baby, Mayan's are pissed with your guys. You're not safe." Esai panicked as Rose walked out of his house.

"I'll be fine. I always am." Rose smirked.

"You gonna go, or what?" Gemma spoke, waking her up and out of the trance.

"Oh, yeah." Rose chuckled as she stepped on the gas, heading towards St. Thomas. Gemma just frowned, knowing something was up.

"You still shaken up about the crash, baby?" She asked, making Rose think.

"I— I don't know." Rose shrugged, honestly. Gemma just eyed her, waiting for her to tell her the truth. "What?"

"What really caused the crash, Rosalie?" Gemma frowned.

"I already told you what 'really' happened. Drunk driver. Hit and run, Mom." Rose explained, shrugging. Gemma decided to stop asking, but she knew there was something more to the story if it was still on Rose's mind. "I'm fine, okay? Let's just stop talking about it."

"Just remember that I constantly worry about you and Jax, I'm here if you need anything." Gemma explained, hoping that would get her to talk.

"Yeah, yeah. I know that." Rose mumbled, looking at her and then looking back at the road.

"Then why have you been so secretive lately?" Gemma scoffed, realizing that leaving Rose alone was bullshit.

"I-I haven't, I—"

"Why the hell was that gun in your purse?" She questioned.

"You keep two in your purse? Why can't I keep one?" Rose shot back.

"You know why I keep two." She hissed. "Cut the shit, and tell me why there was—" She stopped as she grabbed her purse, pulling out the gun. "—is still a gun in your purse."

"I'm the daughter, of the president of the Sons of Anarchy. You think I feel safe all the time? Especially when eyes are always on me at school?" Rose questioned, trying to steer Gemma away from the secretive side of her lately.

"You think I feel safe either? I'm the wife, honey." She hissed. "God, you're wearing me out."

"Being pressed by both of my parents is wearing me out." Rose scoffed back. "Why can't you guys just trust me?"

"It's not you we don't trust." She stated. "But if you don't start explaining yourself, it will be."

Rose shook her head in response, as Gemma just glared at her.

"There's nothing for me to say. You want me to lie? Make up a scenario in my head just to make you feel better?" Rose hissed back. Gemma just scoffed, feeling like she was talking to herself. The rest of the ride to St. Thomas was silent. Both of them were too stubborn to speak up any longer.

Rose and Gemma stormed through the hallways of St. Thomas, as Tara watched. Rose glared at her, causing Tara to look back down at the counter.

"High school sweetheart is staring again..." Rose sighed as they both kept walking.

"She's just pissed that once I'm gone, she still has you to deal with."

-

Rose decided she needed air, tired of waiting for updates. She sat on the curb, and held her head between her knees. Who knows how long she sat there, she almost fell asleep until someone interrupted.

"Rosalie Morrow. Daughter of Clay and Gemma Morrow." A man stated causing her to look up. He was wearing a police outfit, similar to Unser's, so she frowned.

"Do I know you?" Rose frowned standing up quickly. "It's Rose, by the way."

"Hale. Soon to be Chief." He grinned holding his hand out.

"Unser is Chief—"

"Six more months, Morrow."

"And why are you telling me this?" Rose crossed her arms.

"Because once I get rid of SAMCRO, your reputation at Charming High School disappears with it too. Just giving you a friendly heads up." He smirked, before walking away. "Same for the Mayans as well."

"Messing with SAMCRO is like playing with fire. Hope you don't get burned, Hale." Rose smirked as he stopped and turned to face her. "And what do you mean when you say the Mayans?"

"We all know what really caused your crash, Miss Morrow." He hissed before walking back into his jeep. Rose glared at him until he finally pulled out of the parking lot and she walked back into the hospital, looking for her mom. He knew about Esai. She couldn't even imagine the trouble she'd be in if her dad found out. Hell, if the whole club found out. Rose stepped into the elevator, waiting to get to the floor Abel was on.

She thought more to herself as she waited in the elevator. Alvarez could care less about her. He hated SAMCRO. If he had to go after his son's girlfriend, who happened to be related to SAMCRO, he would do it.

And he did. Rose didn't know how many more beatings would be thrown towards her. Now that Hale was working on her too.

Those weren't the only things on her mind. Who was her dad? There were so many secrets passed back and forth around the club and around her family, it could be true if John was her dad. This whole time, she's been told Clay was her dad. Surprisingly, that teacher shook her up, making her question it.

Her heart was beating rapidly, she could hear it. Rose was just focused on finding Gemma. The elevator opened and she saw her, standing at the end of hallway with her arms crossed. Rose only saw the side of her face, but knew she was worried about Abel still.

Rose needed to come clean. These secrets were eating her alive. Her own thoughts were eating her alive. Rose took deep breaths, and frowned as she started to find it hard to breathe, walking into the wall for leverage. She looked around as people watched her, everything moving so fast, everything becoming dizzy. Rose quickly pushed herself off the wall and winced as she brought her hand to her chest. Soon, she felt as if she couldn't move.

"M'am? M'am, breathe—" A nurse said as she tried to calm her down.

"Rosalie?!" Gemma widened her eyes, she knew what was happening. She ran towards her, pushing the nurse off of Rose. She put her hand on her shoulders, forcing Rose to look at her. "Rosalie, Honey, you need to calm down. Everything is okay—"

"No, i-it's not okay.. I'm sorry—" Rose cried softly as she grabbed onto Gemma's arms.

"For what? Baby it's okay," She hushed as she hugged Rose. The nurses standby watched just in case it went downhill, especially Tara.

"Mom, I.." Rose started before gasping for air, what was happening to her?