40. Sex, Money, and Guns

02x01; Albification

(this is Maren.)
-

Rose wandered around the hospital looking for Gemma, Tara, and Abel. She started to get annoyed, wondering why it was taking so long for her to find them.

Rose passed a church, but backed up as she saw Unser was in there.

"Unser?" Rose mumbled, causing Unser to widen his eyes and turn around to face her.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" Unser chuckled. Rose rolled her eyes, chuckling back.

"Not for a couple more weeks. Want me gone already?" Rose chuckled as she sat next to him. They both were silent as Unser just sat and thought, while Rose looked around the room. She'd only seen crosses from her mom's necklaces. Other than that, she never felt the need to become religious in any way.

"You believe in god?" Under interrupted the silence.

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. I'm not sure about a god or afterlife, though." Rose shrugged. "What about you?"

"Eh," Unser shrugged and waved her off. "You really leavin' kid?"

"Yeah." Rose said as she looked down, picking at her nails. Bad habit.

"I didn't just watch Gemma grow, ya know. I watched you grow as well. The only difference is she left when she was sixteen, and came back with a motorcycle club." He chuckled to himself.

"I'll come back, Wayne." Rose reassured some more, but they both knew once she left, there was always a possibility of staying gone.

"I know." He sighed as he looked around the room. Rose frowned, and hung out with him for little while longer, just sitting and talking with him.

The door opened, and Rose frowned when she saw it was Gemma.

"What are you doing in—" Rose and Gemma both mumbled something along the lines, as Unser scoffed and looked back at the two.

"I was looking for you and saw Unser in here." Gemma explained.

"I was looking for you and saw— whatever." Rose mumbled before chucking. "How's Abel?"

"He's good, doing really good." Gemma called before sitting next to Unser, as she rocked him back and forth in his carrier.

"Did you manage to not hate Tara for five minutes?" Rose asked. Gemma just smirked and eyed Rose, before Rose laughed. "Hey, just a question."

"Asshole." Gemma smirked.

-

"Streamers?" Maren asked.

"No," Rose cringed as they walked around the Dollar store.

"Why are we even trying, all they need is beer and crow eaters." She sighed, causing Rose to chuckle. Maren was Kip's little sister, moving down here while family back at home was messy. She found happiness in her friendship with Rose, while Brea and Rose were becoming distant.