11. Aunt Rosie

01x03; Fun Town

-

Friday Night Lights is what Rose lived for nowadays. Rose and Esai were officially over, she sees him with all kinds of girls now when he comes to the school to see the newbie mayans. He even tried getting Rose back, but she couldn't. Now, he's flaunting the sluts he's with every week. He knows it's hurting her, which hurts her the most.

"I swear to god, one day, I'm gonna beat the—"

"You two ended things. If anything, you shooed him away." Brea shrugged, throwing the crusts of her sandwich outside. "I don't wanna see any of these girls with a broken nose."

"No promises, Brea." Rose scoffed, angrily sipping her drink as she watched the Mayans at the courtyard.

"Is everyone coming to the game tonight?" Brea said, changing the conversation.

"Yeah, I don't know about that. Abel is still in the hospital. Everyone is worried, you know?" Rose started.

"Have you held him yet, Auntie?" She giggled.

"No, it feels so weird not to." Rose chuckled, looking through Brea's center console for a napkin.

"Still not hitting you that you're an aunt, yet?" She chuckled.

"Since I'm barely an adult? Already being an aunt? I mean, I don't know how to feel." Rose said to herself, finding a polaroid of her and Brea at Rose's eighteenth birthday party a couple months back. She missed the summertime, the good times. Before she met Esai, before Abel was born.

"They might rely on you for stuff. Toughen up, Aunt Rosie." She chuckled, as Rose rolled her eyes.

"Not the first time I've been called that." Rose cringed. "Highsteppers use it loosely." They both laughed as they got out of Brea's car. Rose took the polaroid and put it in her purse.

"Why don't we ever eat in your car? It's bigger than mine." Brea asked as they walked past the Mayans. Rose glared at them, smiling on the inside as Esai's eyes were on Rose.

Since he did that, Rose knew.

She knew he still loved her.

-

When I Grow Up By Pussycat Dolls blared through the gym as Rose and her teammates danced on the gym floor.

Everyone singing along, whether they were watching or not, the tone of the room put everyone in an upbeat mood in the pep rally.

The ending beat meant her ending pose, everyone cheered as they all stayed there frozen. Rose smiled, panting heavily, waiting for her captain to order her back to their spots at the sidelines.

After the pep rally, Rose and her teammates went to the dance room, getting in their uniforms for the game later.

Rose tossed your purse in her duffel bag, along with her make up bag. All of them loaded on the bus, Rose sat next to one of her teammates but both of them pulled out their ipods and put in their earbuds.

Soon enough, they were already at the stadium. Rose quickly put her ipod and earbuds up as they all got out of the bus and headed towards the stands.

As Rose stepped out of the bus, her eyes searched the parking lot for motorcycles. She frowned, not seeing any. Rose wasn't surprised, but she was hoping they would show.

They all were in the stands, either doing mini routines or just sitting. Rose smiled when she heard motorcycles, causing the girls to look at her.

"Just in time." Rose said to herself, after halftime was announced. Once she was on the field, she saw the guys all up there cheering for her, even her mom.

Rose kicked away, even some hitting her hat. The routine ended in jump splits, and they all remained hooked up until their captain blew her whistle.

Rose basically ran after she was off the field, towards them all.

"You guys didn't have to," She cooed as she jumped into Clay's arms.

"Yeah, yeah we did." He mumbled as he hugged her back.

"Surprised you didn't kick your hat off, Rosie." Chibs chuckled.

"You get used to it." Brea laughed, Rose looked over to her, hugging her as well.

"Wheres Jax?" Rose asked, releasing the hug.

"At the hospital with Abel," Gems explained as she walked over to hug her too.

"And Tara." Rose smirked to herself.

"Don't get me started." She huffed, causing Rose to laugh.

-

Rose woke up to the sound of her ringtone blaring through the room the morning after. She winced sleepily as the sun was beating down through the window. She slammed her hand around on her nightstand until it landed on her phone. Rose flipped it open, not even bothering to check who it was.

"Rose. Were you sleeping?" Brea asked through the phone.

"Sorta," Rose yawned, sitting up.

"The carnival is today. Get up. I'm gonna be at your house in an hour. Be ready!!" She yelled excitedly. She hung up before Rose could protest. Rose closed her phone and tossed it onto the bed. She stretched as her mom barged in her room.

"We're going to funtown in an hour, be ready." Gemma said simply walking into her room.

"I know, Brea's taking me." Rose yawned, and winced some more as her mom pushed the curtains away from her other window.

"Good morning to you, too." Rose winced.

"Good morning, baby." Gemma smirked before leaving her room.

Rose took a shower, which helped to wake her up some more. Rose decided to curl her hair, and wear a black tank top with a sweater like cardigan. She wore jeans with a pair of heels, and grabbed her purse before heading to her parents room, trying to find a necklace of her moms to wear.

"Which one?" Rose asked Gemma as she grabbed two different necklaces. Gemma looked over to Rose as she walked out of the bathroom. Gemma simply pointed to the one in Rose's right hand. "Thanks." Rose smiled as she put it on, then they both walked out into the kitchen.

Rose heard a car honk, making her laugh.

"Brea?" Clay asked as he tossed the newspaper on the table.

"Yeah. See you guys there." Rose smiled as she grabbed she keys, tossing them in her purse at she made her way out the door.

"Ready for funtown?!" Brea yelled playfully as her windows were rolled down, blaring music.

Rose just laughed and mouthed the words as she danced to the car.

"By the way, I definitely didn't forget about it." Rose laughed as she got into her car.

"Yeah, totally." Brea nodded sarcastically.

Both of them started to jam to old rock music, as Clay and Gemma zoomed past them on his motorcycle.

"Is he challenging us?" Rose smirked and looked over to Brea.

"No." Brea looked at Rose while she just smirked some more.

"Oh, well look at that." Rose chuckled as she saw all the guys zooming past them. "Are you even going to speed limit grandma?"

"Zip it, Auntie."

  They all eventually arrived, but Rose was surprised when her and Brea got out of car.

"Oh come on." Rose hissed, glaring at him.

"We can avoid him, just, just come on." Brea said grabbing her wrist. "This is not gonna ruin your day."