Heart of Darkness

Mulai dari awal

"You see that?" I asked ,pointing at the smoke. 

"Yeah." She looked back at Hector and Warren. "Something's burning." She said loud enough to get their attention. 

Warren came this way. She walked past us and in the direction of the smoke. We all followed her. 

When we were closer to whatever was burning, we heard people. Not any kind of people. They were enders. You could tell. They weren't talking ,they sounded like they were animals.

Warren and Hector had their pistols out. I put the ear muffs I got for Jeff on his ears. I held him close to me with one arm as I reached down to grab my gun with my other arm. 

We hid behind a car to see what was going on. Enders were fighting over some stuff they must have found. Some of them were trying to tear stuff off the car. 

"Zombies?" Sun Mei asked. 

"Enders." I corrected. 

Warren aimed her gun up. I turned so my back was to her to put some barrier between the loud gun and Jeff. Warren shot her gun a few times. I heard the enders start to run off as soon as she fired the first shot. 

After the enders were gone, we walked to the car. There was a group of four in the car ,one looked like a kid. They all had nooses around their necks. There was the typical red paint on the windshield. 

"Car thieves will be hung first ,shot later. No questions asked." I read aloud. 

"You must admit... they know how to stage an atrocity." Hector said ,walking to the back. 

"Signed by Escorpion himself." Sun Mei said, looking at the hood. She touched the red paint. "This isn't very old."

"Yeah, it has that new corpse smell." Hector stated. 

"We're getting close." Warren said. She opened the trunk. "Come check this out." Sun Mei and I walked over to look. There was a dead family in the trunk. 

Jeff started crying at the smell ,I don't blame him. The smell was awful. I walked away from the truck until I couldn't smell it anymore. I started bouncing him to comfort him. 

"Who are they?" Sun Mei asked. 

"I'm guessing our family of car thieves stole the car from the family in the trunk. Maybe the Red Hand got it right." Warren said before walking off. 

"They probably didn't even look in the trunk." Hector said before following her. 

I moved Jeff's head so it was buried in my shirt, I wrapped my jacket around him ,trying to protect him from the smell as we had to walk past the trunk to follow them. Sun Mei waited for me before walking with me after the other two. We caught up with the other two. 

Then four zombies came out of ,seemingly, nowhere. Warren and Hector quickly shot two of them. I shot a third one. The last one tackled Sun Mei. It was trying to take a bite out of her. 

I pointed my gun at her. At the angle I was at, I couldn't get a clear shot. I moved a bit to get the clear shot. Before I could shoot, someone beat me to it. 

I looked at Warren and Hector to see them looking at something behind me. I turned to see a guy with blonde hair, dark facial hair, and sunglasses. He still had his gun up. 

"No, no, no, no, no. Better not." Warren pointed her gun at him. 

"Four against one ,bro." Hector said ,stepping up with Warren. I stayed where I was and pointed my gun at the guy.

"Oh, I can count ,but it's not really about the numbers ,is it? You don't want to trade this little lady just to make a Z out of me." The guy said ,still pointing his guy at Sun Mei.