The Girl who Braved

Still in PROGRESS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Away from there, a farm in Doncaster was lit up for dinner. The farm was owned by the Fiddlefurds.

Loupius, they're eldest daughter, is an eleven year old, athletic girl. She was athletic by force, though. Her family moved from Romania ever since his grandfather got framed for stealing money. Loosing all the money they had, they moved to Doncaster and started a farm.

Since people prefer canned food or non-organic at the time, the family haven't any money to buy nice things.

It was an afternoon when Loupius went to prepare dinner. She tied her long, brown hair and grabbed fresh beef, that she hunt a few days ago.

She cooked the meat and the rest of the meal.

After she was done, she served the food to her family. "Thanks for the food Loupius!" Said Mrs. Fiddlefurd. "Thanks mum." "Have you checked the mail, Lou?" Asked Mr. Fiddlefurd. "Oh, forgot. I'll be quick!" She ran to the door to check some mail.

She crouched down, and took the envelopes. There were three. She closed the door and came back to the dining table.

"Mum, this is from the Harts." Loupius said as she passes a letter to her mum. "Regarding an unfresh cabage they bought from us. Dramatic." Mrs. Fiddlefurd complained.

"One for dad." Loupius passes the letter to her dad. "A letter from the Tang's Farm. Still threatening to shut us down. Ignored." He put the letter on the table as he continued eating. "And a letter for, me?"

She looked at the green ink written.

Ms. L Fiddlefurd
The third bedroom
Fiddlefurd Farm
Doncaster

She opened the wax seal and read it out loud. Her mother's face was full of suspicion.

"Dear, Ms. Fiddlefurd. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1, we await your owl by no later than July 31. Mum, didn't you used to go to this school?" "In fact, I did, honey! A magic school, Hogwarts! I'm so proud of you, Lou!" Answered Mrs. Fiddlefurd.

"Mummy, I wanna cwam cawn I pwease Mummy? I wanna cwam to Hogwaws!" Said Issabella, Loupius's 6 year old sister. "It's Hogwarts, Issa." "I'm sorry Issa, but based on mum's experience, only from eleven above!" Said Mrs. Fiddlefurd. "Aww, cow poop!"

"But, dad. The list has a lot of things to buy. Cauldrens, uniforms, scales, books, and more!" Said Loupius looking worried while reading her list. "We'll manage to raise some more money." Answered Mrs. Fiddlefurd. "But is it okay if we have to buy things second-handedly?" Asked Mr. Fiddlefurd. "Of course, dad. It's okay."

In Monday, the sixth of August, Erika and Loupius went to Diagon Alley. The two didn't know eachother's existence. And all Erika knows about the name Fiddlefurd is her favorite lettuce brand.

Erika and her parents dropped Riley off at 10.00 am in Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour after switching Muggle money in Gringotts Wizarding Bank. The three went to Ollivander's to purchase Erika's wand.

Mr. Ollivander's measuring tape measured Erika. It went from waist to floor, head to floor, right arm to left, shoulder to floor, in between nostrils, and more.

"Try this, Ms. Dubois!" Garrick Ollivander passed Erika a wand. " Applewood, dragon hartsring, 10 1/2 inches. Slightly bendy."

"Applewood. Sir, this wand doesn't work well with dark magic, will it stop me from being at my best in Defense Against the Dark Arts class?" She said.

"Well, not exact- how'd you know about Applewood?" He asked. "I've read a bit about wands. Wood, length, core, flexibility..."

"The answer to your question, it depends on you, actually. If you're determined to study the subject and fail to procrastinate, then that doesn't matter. Besides, dark magic and defense to it is different. Unless you're shooting unforgivable curse, and I wish you won't. I believe you already know about those curses?"

"I do. The killing curse, the torture curse and the Imperius curse. But I would never use such spells sir, I promise."

"I expect great and bright things from you, I believe you will exceed your classes in Hogwarts."

After that, Erika went a little pink and shy. But she tried to cast the spell, lumos.

"Lumos." She said. The tip of her wand blasted a light so blinding, it heated up and burned a piece of parchment that was infront of her

"Well, not much of a match, but blasted out light. Yes, well, try this. Rare, cherrywood, 9.7 inches, bendy. Try Lumos again." He snitched the wand from her hand and gave her another one.

"Lumos." She said. The same thing happened again. She tried the third wand, Vine wood, dragon heartstring, nine three quarter inches, solid flexibility. And the same thing again.

"So, maybe-just maybe, you're better off with hazel... I trust you are able to control your emotions? Now, try to unlock this." He handed over a wand and held up a lock.

Erika pointed her wand at the lock and said, "Alohomora." The lock opened.

"Perfect! Now, this is the perfect match. I forgot to tell you, this is Phoenix Feather, rarer, and 12 an a half inches. Just seven Galleons..."

As she reached for her money, Loupius came in. "Hi, sorry, are you finished?" Loupius nervously asked. "Oh, yes, just about to pay."

After Erika was done, she talked a little to Loupius. "Hogwarts too?" Loupius asked. "Yup. I can't believe it! Magic!" Erika stated. "I know, right. Crazy!" Loupius added.

Mrs. Dubois then came in. "Erika, dad and I've got your scale, phials, cauldren, telescope and brass scale. Come and go to Madam Malkin's!" She called. "See you I hope!" Loupius said.

Erika went to her mother.

Loupius got her wand and went to buy her books in Flourish and Botts.

"First, we need the Standard Book of Spells by Miranda Goshawk." Loupius read from her list. "Grade?" Her father asked. "One." His father picked up a book from a section of Miranda Goshawk books.

The book doesn't look very attractive. It was dusty, some rips were in the pages, and very folded. It was also marked as "second hand" like the rest of the books that they purchased.

"Okay, have we got, Standard Book of Spells? A History of Magic? Magical Theory? A beginner's guide to Transfiguration? One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi? Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them? The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection?" Loupius made sure. Her mother nodded to all the book she mentioned. "We're ready then!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short but thanks for reading!