CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

I laid in his arms the both of us breathing heavily. He placed his hand on my stomach feeling for the baby.

"The baby is fine," I said reassuring him, he only removed his hands once he felt the baby kicked.

Then he got up and walked to the bathroom.

I thought nothing of it and closed my eyes and soon fell fast asleep.

When I woke it was already evening I was still naked covered with only a sheet. Dante was nowhere in sight I stood up and put on a gown.

I went into the bathroom to run myself a warm bubble bath. I forgot to take a towel and went back into the room to look for one when Dante entered the room stammering against the furniture.

He was drunk.

 When he saw me he came walking straight to me I tried walking away from him but he pulled me on my arm before I could get away.

"Don't be afraid of me Tesoro I won't harm you."

He said untying the gown Dante placed kisses against my chest sliding his hands down my body. I could smell the strong scent of alcohol on him and it was nauseating. I took hold of his hands tried pushing them away from me.

"I won't let you touch me being this drunk, why don't you go sleep it off?"

"You're my wife and I want you now!".

"And I'm carrying your child!"

He smirked grabbing my arms he pulled me against him laughing against my skin.

"Dante stop you're hurting me."

He laughed louder, making me feel sick to my stomach.

"You don't appreciate a real man loving you then I'll be a damn bastard that's what you wanted!"

"No!" I yelled at him trying to break free from his hold.

He kissed me harder burning my skin with his touch. His hold on my arms got tighter. It felt like a knife carving into my flesh.

I broke free after much hesitation and pushed him against the bed running to the bathroom.

I locked it behind me.

"Rose don't go away from here come back here!" He shouted as he came nearer to the bathroom.

"Rose! Come out."

"Rose."

I was too afraid to do anything I knelt against the tub. He shouted against the door asking me to open the door, after minutes of silence he hit his hand through the bathroom door. Screaming out in pain he stepped away from the door I heard him throwing things around in the room. Minutes had passed that felt like hours and the noise finally quieted down. 

I got into the bath and the water burned against my bruises. My wrist was turning blue where his hand marks had imprinted on my skin.

I stayed in the bathroom until I felt safe enough to open the door. I peeped outside into the bedroom and it seemed empty. Carefully stepping inside the room it was a mess. Clothes were laying on the floor along with shattered glass.

Dante was passed out next to the bed. I tiptoed out of the room and went into the extra bedroom at the far end of the penthouse. I locked the door and got into the bed. Placing my hand protectively around my baby bump. I covered myself with the blanket.

"I'm sorry baby you had to hear daddy like that. He's not himself, he'll never hurt us."

 We had made love just this afternoon or was he just satisfying his own need?

A tear slipped from my eye, I felt so stupid. How could I so easily give in after I'd told him I wouldn't have sex with him?

When he told me he had got me this engagement ring a long time ago I could see the love he once had for me.

Did I think sex would make him forgive me and we'd just be a happy little family?

I look at my bruised wrist. He didn't mean to do it... he was just angry. But how could he behave that way knowing I'm this far along pregnant and that anything can happen? I was so afraid he might do something foolish.

I'll protect you little one, I'm sure Daddy won't ever do anything to hurt you.

Just tomorrow I'll ask him to let me go.

Just when everything seemed perfect you go and ruin it all. I just hope Rose can forgive him. She doesn't even know if she should be angry or upset; such a roller coaster.

Don't forget to comment and vote.