Chapter 42: Skeptical

"Ricky you know you can talk to me, I'm not a spy or anything," She said holding Jace. "I'm just stressed that's all," I said. A nigga been real stressed today I was actually getting attention from this foundation and this whole fake image was finally working, I just didn't want to get caught up. On top of that I know The Caprios are trying to get at us, it's been over a month since we killed 3 of his sons. He's playing cool but I know he's going to come for us even harder. So now Dreux, Rudy and I are trying to figure a plan out.

"Clearly," she said smartly. I got up "Forget it," I said walking away. She sucked her teeth "Ricky" she called. I turned around to see her placing Jace down for a second. "I'm just saying, that's not enough information. I know you're stressed by? She asked.

"Its a lot of shit going on and me telling you isn't going to help the situation. I'll see you around. I'm about to head out" I said going up the stairs. She rolled her eyes "Stubborn" she mumbled. I turned around "What? I asked

"Me telling you ain gon help the situation" she turned back around. Who did she think she was? The hell? I went downstairs "What's your problem? I asked her. "Huh? She asked confused.

"Don't huh me? I said. She went back to the oven stirring up what looked like spaghetti. "I don't have the problem; I'm trying to see what your problem is," she said.

"I said, I'm good, stop questioning it" I demanded. "Okay, Ricky I won't show any ounce of concern ever again" she scoffed

Josie

"Please, I feel like we're getting too close. I don't like that shit" he admitted. I turned back around biting my tongue. "Lighten the fuck up," I said under my breath.

"What? He asked. "You just want to argue; you're talking about were getting too close. Well, I have you know that I'm working on getting my own place soon. So I don't have to be in your presence... and you're the one that kissed me. I've always stayed in my lane" I said watching him fix his tie.

"That was a mistake," he said grabbing his phone from off the counter. I crossed my arms biting the corner of my lip. I was so mad, I turned back around finishing the food. What was that about? I literally just asked if he was okay and then he tells me to fall back. Ugh! He gets on my nerves so bad. If it wasn't for the fact that he was paying for Morgan's tuition, I probably wouldn't Airnb a room or something because he kills me. I turned around and he wasn't there anymore. Fuck that! I quickly went to open the garage door to see him flip his gun. I startled a little stepping back. "What? He asked

"I just wanted to tell you, don't flatter yourself" I smiled. "Oh, yeah? He asked slamming the trunk door. He adjusted the collar on his trench coat while walking towards me. I backed up a little "You've been saying a lot of slick shit lately, what you been on? He asked looking dead in my eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about, the only thing I been on is taking care of my family," I said. He nodded "Yeah, it better be.... Joselyn" he said getting in the car. His words were promising, I started freaking out, is he suspecting anything? What if he has someone following me or something?

Ricky