Chapter 2: Contemplate

That Night

I sighed snatching the eviction notice from the door. "What's that Morgan? She asked. I sighed "Nothing," I said unlocking the door. "Here, go take your brother... I mean nephew with you while I get dinner started" I said. Morgan picked up his car seat placing him on the couch. I walked in the kitchen opening up the fridge to find something to eat. I grabbed a staffers family size lasagna taking it out the box. I turned the oven on 350 sticking the pan in there. I walked back out taking him from out of the car seat.

"Morg.. go wash up," I said. "Okay," she said walking to the bathroom. Morgan was very pleasant and independent for her age. She didn't need too much of my assistance, which helped. I kissed Jace placing him on my lap. I grabbed some of my mail opening them.

My rent was due this month which was $700. Jace's daycare is $200 and my car note is $220 a month. All I wanted to do was cry. I just crashed into that guy's car earlier and that will only make my insurance go up. I looked at the few furniture that I did have to debate if I should sell it. My two jobs weren't cutting it. 8 hours on the weekends at hooters and 20 hours as a receptionist at a spa just wasn't cutting it. I was trying to save to go to Fashion Institute of Technology. Fashion was my passion. I loved to style my friends and I and sew just about everything. I want to design wedding dresses and have my own collection one day. I just wish life didn't happen so fast sometimes now everything is on hold.

"Ba ba ba"

"What are you saying? I asked drowning him in my kisses. Morgan finally came in. "Is the food done yet? She asked.

"No, I just put it in" I chuckled. Both of our stomachs were growling. I regret not taking the time to eat the delicious food at the guys' party but I couldn't eat with him breathing down my throat in anger. "Go get a snack or something" I ordered. "I'm going to put him to sleep," I said.

"Okay, Josie," she said. "And start your homework," I said walking off.

A week later

Ricky

I was riding with my brother going over business. He was taking me to pick up my car on the way and I couldn't be more excited. "This does sound like a well-executed plan Dreux, that would get the investigators off our family at least for a while.. but on the real. In about a year I'm hanging managing that club up" I explained.

"I know you are; I can see it on your face bro" he chuckled. "My businesses are well, I'm filthy rich. You invested in some businesses as well as Kamaya we can just let this shit go" I explained

"It ain't as easy as you think bro" he chuckled. "I know it's going to be hard and I know dad will probably disown me but I don't give a fuck. I'm just overall this shit man" I sighed. I was good, I don't work for that club on paper and I don't have a record. All the money I received when I was a teenager I saved it and at the age of 24, I started investing in companies so I wouldn't need my father for shit.

"Yeah, um you know Mia came to me crying the other night? He mentioned changing the subject. Mia was Dreux's ex-girlfriend/baby mother for 6 plus years. They've been off and on for years and he's madly in love with her. She couldn't handle his lifestyle and she left. "Yeah, she's not happy with her new nigga and wants to be with me again. God Knows I want to be with her again but I can't leave the game right now bro. I'm too deep in this" he sighed.

"So she just came over last night? I asked.

"Yeah" he smiled. "Oh God, you don't even have to tell me the rest," I said.