Chapter 39: Perfectly Blind

That Night

I walked into the house hearing his music blasting he usually played his R&B or super old 70's music. He did have good taste in music but that was beside the point. I was glad his music was on high that way he couldn't hear me. I grabbed my duffle bag packing a few of my things as well as Morgan's. Realistically I couldn't quit at this moment but I was sure as hell getting some space from him. Tonight showed me that his sweet guy antics were only temporary and he chose to use them. I never asked him to fire Payton I just wanted him to understand where I was coming from and how her saying my name wrong pissed me off. But there's no understanding your side when you're dealing with a narcissist like Ricky. I zipped my bag wrapping it around my shoulder. Suddenly the music stopped and I rolled my eyes. "GOD, why"? I asked walking to the door. It was like his body was computerized, he knew when I'd make a move and it could be annoying. I opened the door stepping out of my room. Ricky was on his way out as well wearing a change of clothes. He didn't say anything to me and I didn't say anything either.!You ain't gon pack the rest of your shit? He asked. "Oh, I am... trust me," I said opening the front door. He followed behind me and I could feel him staring at the back of me. That look he gave me sometimes when he had an attitude made me cringe sometimes. "I'll see you when you adjust your attitude little girl" he smiled at me before getting in his car. That mischief smile he did when he thought shit was funny drove me wild.

Erica and Adrian were waiting for me outside, I ignored him getting in the back of there I had to pick up Morgan and she wasn't going to be looking forward to spending the night at Erica's house.

Dreux

I yawned driving to drop her off at home. I turned up my music nodding my head to Blaq Youngsta - Shake Sum. She turned down the volume. "It's too loud" she complained rubbing her head. I continued driving on the highway. I didn't like the awkwardness and quietness but I also didn't want to keep talking about the same thing so I called Ricky. "Yo" he answered

"What you up to? I asked. "Bout to go on a date," he said
" A date? I questioned. "Yeah, nigga never heard of that before," he said. I laughed "With whom? I asked. "Ari" he answered. "What happened with Payton? I asked. "I already handled that" he laughed. "Yo, you a rolling stone" I laughed
"Runs in the family" Mia mumbled under her breath. I looked over at her mugging her. "Where Jo at? I asked. "She quit," he said. My mouth dropped "You lying" I said. "Yeah, she gave me the ring back and everything" he explained. That shit was petty but I have to say she was reckless with it. She ain't hold nothing back that she gave baby girl a run for her money, shit was funny" I snickered.

"Yeah, it was pretty bad, but it wasn't that serious either. I'm just over it" he said

'So what you gonna do kidnap a new fiancé? I asked. "Pshhhh, she quit that doesn't mean I fired her. Imma let her little ass calm down first. We have a business to do, we gotta go to Newyork for a day, trust me she ain't gon have shit to say" he said.

"I'll let her go on the Big Apple tour and that'll shut her up," he said. I began laughing "You petty as fuck" I laughed.
"You the finesse king, I'll give it to you but I ain't gon hold you up. I'll see you soon" I said
"Ard bro, love ya," he said
"Love ya too bro," I said hanging up. I pulled up to the front of her house putting the car in park. 

"Alright take it easy," I said. "Alright, I'll see you around" She unbuckled her seatbelt. "When are you getting an ultrasound? I asked "Two weeks," she said. "Cool, I'll see you then," I said. She shook her head crossing her arms and when she did that I knew an argument was about to arise.

"You're full of it, you want to give me the cold shoulder all night when all I did was take care of you, and then one of the bitches you fuckin decided to come to
My house.. but you want to act like the shit ain't happen" she said. I sighed taking my keys out of my ignition. Fucking with Mia she'd run all my gas out by arguing.
"I already apologized, I had no idea that she knew your information and I checked her about it. What else do you want? I asked sitting back.
"I want you to care, ever since you got shot. You haven't been giving a fuck about my feelings. I told you I was pregnant and you still haven't responded to it. I'm pregnant and you're supposed to be here for me and I don't feel like you care" She frowned. Yeah, she's pregnant. Mia isn't this emotional for anybody