Chapter 29: Let me Love YOU

"My umm ex-boyfriend is harassing me and he assaulted me a few days ago" I covered my eyes turning my head to the side. Ricky rubbed my shoulders as I fake cried. "Oh, honey I am so sorry," she said. I turned around wiping my tears. The pain was still there so I made myself shed a few tears. I couldn't say it was a hickey. The bruise was way too big; it literally looks like a ring around my neck. "If it wasn't for my fiancé saving me things would've gone so bad," I said. "It's okay baby," he said kissing my cheek. "I'm sorry to hear that, are you going to press charges? He asked.

"Yes... I called the police and everything" I said. "Let's get that bastard in handcuffs. Ricky, I know you were enraged" he said. Ricky looked at me "Yeah, I was furious, she didn't deserve that... too good of a woman" he said. I looked over at him at his words. Wishing it was true, I don't know the last time a man said some kind words about my character besides them letting it be known that they wanted to sleep with me. Megan and Avery were chatting on the side as I watched Ricky facial expression even though I saved us I know he'd still get mad at me. After our dinner and us wishing them a good night, we walked outside the restaurant. I sighed waiting for the valet to pull up with the car. It was an awkward wait. 5 minutes to be exact of just standing there not saying a word. I felt the cool air run up my body. I crossed my arms shivering. This jacket wasn't doing a thing. Shortly, the valet driver drove up with his car. We both got in and I gently closed the door. He closed the door as well and I knew I was about to get laid out. It was silent he just pulled off parking on the side. "I didn't feel the need to put on makeup because I have on a turtleneck" I explained. I wore a sweater dress so the thought didn't cross my mind. He didn't say anything he just ignored me. I looked to the side waiting for him to say something. He grabbed his cigarette lighting it. "You almost blew it; you almost blew the whole thing," he said inhaling.

"Sorry," I said. "Yeah, you are... they better fucking believe it because if I don't get a callback Monday its going to be a problem, "he said.

"Well I'm sorry for getting my ass beat in the first place," I said

"You talk too fucking much," he said. I rolled my eyes "Okay Ricky" I said defeated. He leaned his head against the stirring wheel calming his nerves. Was it that serious that he was doing all of this.

"I'll even go talk to her, I have eviden-

"Just stop" he cut me off mid-sentence. "I'm trying to help," I said. "You've done enough...trust me, "he said back.

Kamaya

Both of us sat across from each other on the kitchen floor. The both of us tired from the brawl we just had; more me than him. I'm the one that was attacking him and it felt good. Although it wasn't right, I just had to try to hurt him one more time. Now that I'm calmer I can finally get some things off my chest. If I could ever move on I need my closure.

"So why exactly weren't you happy for 5 years? I asked him. "What was it? Was it me? I asked.

"I don't know Maya-

"You fucking know," I said. He sighed "I just feel like we were going through the motions. Everything so routine, you have always been a great woman to me and this is more me. I wanted something new... I got bored. Once we lost Khaden it just was nothing but sadness... and then I lost my mother a year after.

"It just pisses me off that my time was wasted-

"Maya let's be real... you weren't happy either. What did we have to really give each other huh? He asked.

"Our relationship was built on you getting pregnant at 14. Yes, I loved you and I still do but honestly what did we do these whole 13 years of being together huh? He asked. "Me gang banging, us working for your dad-