"(Y/N) what are you doing?"

"Just give me a second."

After a few minutes, I backed away from the tree revealing our initials carved into it.

"You are so cliche you know that right."

I laughed and handed him back his knife. "Yea I know. I've always wanted to carve my initials with someone else in a tree though. I saw some of my friends do the same thing with their suitors in my time. So why not do the same thing."

He looked at me and he didn't take his gaze off of me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

He smiled and he brought me close to him. He hugged my waist making sure to not let me go. "Because you are beautiful."

I smiled and turned my head to the side to hide the slight blush creeping up on my face. He then used one of his hands to cup my cheek and make me face him again. His hand then slid down to under my chin.

He smirked and tilted my head up and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. I was shocked for a moment but then I gave in and kissed him back. I felt him smile in the middle of the kiss and when we broke apart he kept holding me close.

"You have no idea how long I have waited to do that."

I pecked him on his lips and smiled, "I guess you can say the same thing for me as well."

His hands let go of my waist and he took a few small steps back.

"(Y/N) I know that we haven't known each other personally for years but these past few weeks have been the best time of my life."

He looked me in the eyes and then proceeded to get down on one knee. He then grabbed my hand and held it gently. I used my free hand to cover my mouth and wipe away the tears that were coming down my face.

"I'm honored to say that I have you in my life and I want to be with you for the rest of my days. I want to hear your voice every day, I want to see your face every day, I want to look into your eyes for the rest of my life. (Y/N) (L/N) will you make me the happiest man alive and become Mrs. Hamilton?"

I wiped the tears from my eyes and I caught my breath.

"Of course I'll marry you!"

He jumped up from his knee, threw his fist up in the air and yelled, "She said yes!"

Everyone that was around started to clap and cheer. Alexander slid the ring onto my finger and he kissed me again. I broke the kiss and I looked at him, "Is this why you seemed so off today?"

He laughed, "Yea I was really scared that you would say no."

"Well, that didn't happen. Now come on let's go tell the news to Peggy. I'm not sure if Eliza and Angelica can handle this news right now."

"I agree, let's go."

Angelica's POV

I woke up earlier than usual today and I decided that going back to sleep wasn't an option. I had a lot I needed to get done today and I need all the time I can get.

I got out of bed and before I could get dressed I heard some doors open and close. I peeked out of my door and I saw (Y/N) leave.

Ever since the winters ball, she has been acting kind of strange. She doesn't let anyone in her room anymore and she gets really sensitive when we ask about her family. Plus she was reading a lot about time when she first arrived. Although, she seemed to have dropped the time thing.