Part 1: Chapter 08

The southern hill lies near the peninsula where Herald Ian Manzano (Student B05-E1H) witnessed and killed some of his friends. There are various trees located there. It is also the coolest area of the island.

Harisse Gonzales (Student B21-E1H) sat down on a rock. Rocky Agustin (Student B32) followed him. Harisse moved a little to the side and Rocky sat down beside him.

They were at the peak of the southern hill; they can feel the cool wind touching their scalp. From the hill, they can see the beautiful scenery of the whole island. They can see the lighthouse, the cemetery, the residential area, the school, the harbor and the chapel.

Harisse dropped his daypack on his side while holding his boomerang (that's his assigned weapon, kinda lame, huh? But it's much better than Rocky's). He looked at his map and he looked at the whole island.

"Where are we going to stay next?" asked Rocky.

"I don't know," Harisse answered.

Rocky put down his daypack and pulled out his tray (this is Rocky's assigned weapon, super lame!) and put it aside. He took out his water bottle and took only a few gulps.

"Eleven of us are already dead, can we survive this?" Rocky asked Harisse.

Harisse seemed to be irritated a little, but he just stayed calm. He took a long deep breath and looked up at the sky.

"Do you know that...?” Harisse said.

"What?" Rocky asked.

"We could be dead tomorrow," Harisse continued.

Rocky stared at the ground after he heard what Harisse said. That thought didn't occur to him, yet. His tears started to build up in his eyes. He remembered his family and also his high school friends.

"Let's just enjoy this remaining time," Harisse said.

Rocky nodded a little. He stood up and took his tray and threw it to the cliff. It created a clanging sound when it hit the ground. Birds scattered to the sky.

"Why did you do that?" Harisse asked.

"It's just a useless weapon," Rocky said.

"Well, mine is useless too," Harisse said while waving his boomerang in the air.

"Well, at least it is still used as a weapon," Rocky said.

"But I don't know how to use this shit," said Harisse.

"Well, I think it's-" Rocky said unfinished.

They heard footsteps coming from their right. They grabbed their day packs and hid at a slope near them. Harisse took a peek; there were no signs of anybody.