CHAPTER II

I hear buzzing bees flying around me, and the wind makes my hair tickle my cheek. Where the hell am I? I open my eyes, I see trees moved caused by the wind, with that monotone sound. I could listen hours to that as a child and I still do. I'm holding flowers in my hand, as if I just died.
And where is my bike? This is weird, I think by myself. Something is itching to me, I look down, I'm laying in yellow grass. As I try to get up, realizing I haven't got any pain, I see a huge lake behind the yellow grass with birds swimming in it. I just sit there for a moment, confused but kind of relieved. I don't know why, but I don't see any kind of problem right now, except how I got here. It seems like heaven, birds singing like music to my ears, no violence or screaming.
I wonder if my eye is still purple, I carefully touch my eyelid with my middlefinger, I feel a normal eye.
Many questions are popping up inside me. I curiously stand up, and see much more than before. Between the lake and the forest is a road towards a river. In the distance I see a deer, eating grass among the trees with colorful leaves and moss on the outer bark. I normally take pictures of things like this, but I purposely don't, I'm living the moment. It's just me and the nature right now, at this moment, there is no future.
I'm starting to walk, the river is getting closer, the path is small and has meanderings with lots of flowers and butterflies around it. It can't be or feel better, I feel perfect right now, no problems, not exhausted, no mom. The calming sound of the river is getting louder as I'm getting closer. I'm thirsty and decide to sit down on my knees and make a bowl with my hands to drink water out of it. I close my eyes and splash the water in my face, fresh and cold water touches my skin. I wipe with the back of my hand my mouth dry and stand up to walk further. I pass the river by walking over an old, wooden bridge filled up with leaves. It looks like a gate to heaven.
I stand still in the center, and look what's on the other side. Magnificent mountains with snow peeking out behind the trees. It reminds me of the time my dad brought me to Canada, how he surprised me the day I became fourteen. Back when the only thing I worried about was what I wore to school the next day, how the tables have turned.
I miss the times I saw my parents kissing and laughing together, my dad is and was a humble guy. They seemed to imagine an incredible future together, with their children, with me. But since my dad was busy with work, he forgot about his loved ones, and started to act different.
He came home grumpy and angry, so that my mom acted the same way back, thinking it was her fault. Since then they discussed and fought everyday, finally he chose his work over his own family. Because his boss was about to fire him for not working enough. My mom started to drink, became an alcoholic and started to get aggressive. And the only person she fought that aggression off was me, Violet.
After walking over the bridge, I see a small house that kinda looks like a barn.

The only thing I think about right now is to go inside, even though it looks pretty suspicious

The only thing I think about right now is to go inside, even though it looks pretty suspicious. The cracking door reminds me of my own, where is my mom? Is she worried about me? I can't seem to find an answer, whether she's mad or worried, I don't care. The only thing I don't want to think about right now, is her.
The small house is cold and dark, it looks like there hasn't been someone in years. The smell is old and rotten. The small window in the wall is bright enough to see something. I see a broken couch with dark spots on it, a pile of old books and some kind of circled table with a candle in the middle.
Suddenly I hear a deep breath behind my back. That scares the shit out of me. Before I have the chance to turn around, I feel cold hands on my shoulders that push me towards the wall. As soon as I try to hit the person, he or she hits me first. It's too late to protect myself and my eyes become heavier.