whatever you want, mom. Now, about the sleepover?"

Carol began to remove the old polish from James's toes as she replied, "I'm not so sure that it's a good idea for you to be spending the night with Becca and Arianna."

"Why not mom?"

"Well, for starters, Arianna doesn't know your situation. What if there was some sort of slip-up and she was to find out?"

"Mom, first of all, I've thought about that. I think I'm fearful enough about people finding out that I am overly cautious. I have no interest in being found out and therefore wouldn't change clothes in front of her or do anything that would give her an opportunity to find out. Not only that, after something she said at the fashion show, I know she would be totally cool with it and completely understand if she did know."

James paused but before Carol could respond, he started up again. "Remember, I already spent a lot of time with her the week before the fashion show. She's seen me with my top off, wearing no more than a bra and panties many times during that week. What reason would she have to ever doubt that I was a girl? It was kinda obvious I had breasts. She even commented on how she is a little more than a year older than me and her breasts aren't much bigger than mine. I don't think you have to worry, mom."

"You make a good case, Jessica. You know . . . I'm gonna trust your judgment, so if you really feel that strongly about your ability to be careful, I'm not going to tell you no. I am going to give you the opportunity to make this decision yourself."

"Thank you, mom. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"You're welcome, baby, now be still or I won't be able to do a good job on your toes. while I finish up, go ahead and call Becca back."

James picked up his phone and called Rebecca to tell her the good news. Rebecca asked how early he would be able to come over and James told her, "in about an hour."

Hanging up the phone, James noticed that his mom had just finished putting the color on her toes. "Mom, wow, they look sooo shiny and pretty."

"Well, you really picked out two beautiful colors. But I haven't put the clear coat on top yet."

"You did a great job painting them, mom. I'll finish up the clear coat," James announced, picking up the bottle of clear polish.

Carol sat back admiring her child as he added the clear topcoat over her newly painted toes. If only James could be a fly on the wall watching this scene right now and see just how truly happy he is as a girl, She thought to herself.

James hopped up, hugged his mom tight and proceeded towards his room to pack an overnight bag. "Oh, mom. I forgot to ask you first, but you um,...you don't mind if I head on over to Becca's in the next hour do you?"

"You're right, you should have asked me first, but no, I don't mind. I didn't have anything planned for us today anyway. I have some things I need to do before Monday, but you go ahead and have fun. Be sure to take your phone in case I need to get a hold of you. House key too, in case you need to come back for something and I'm not here."

"Thanks, mom I will."

Thirty minutes later James emerged from his room wearing a two-piece that tied together on either side of his waist. The one with the small bright yellow top and the high-waisted teal skirted bottom.

He had placed half his hair in a ponytail and left the rest down.

He was carrying an oversized wicker beach bag that obviously contained more things than any reasonable person would need for a simple overnight stay.