Chapter Two

"Emma Swan?" Regina croaks out and crinkles her nose. "Never heard of her." She lies through her teeth.

What the hell did Emma do to piss off these two jerkoffs, she wonders as she struggles to keep her face impassive. If these strangers were willing to kidnap her, just to find Emma, who knows what horrific things they are capable of. She would never sellout the only person she has ever cared for in life to guarantee her own safety.

"Liar," the man breathes heavily as he cuts through the space between them and presses his nose into hers.

She stares right back into those icy blue irises, never wanting to show any type of weakness. She learned that the hard way her first day in a foster home, but Emma was there, to guide her and help protect. That's exactly what she will do now, protect Emma.

"Why would you assume I know this Emma person?" She tries to sound unaffected, bored even, but the strain in her voice from the lack of fluids easily sells her out.

"We don't assume. We know." His hot breath seeps into her dry, chapped lips causing a shudder to quake through her limbs.

The snarl growing rapidly upon his upper lip, strikes fear to bite through her body, as if she were just electrocuted. Again, she masks her face, something she learned long ago to protect herself from...anyone really.

"You won't be able to last long Regina, not without food or water." The woman sighs with a heavy heart while the man backs away from Regina's face. "Eventually you will give in and tell us where Emma is hiding."

"I'm telling you, I don't know who Emma Swan is," Regina whines trying to persuade her audience into believing in her words.

Her hands jerk against the thick ropes ultimately burning a worn path into her wrists as she tries to fight for her freedom. Her chest feels tight as panic consumes her once again.

The strange woman bends down, their noses almost touching, but the other woman won't risk touching Regina. Their eyes meet, Regina's are pleading to have mercy on her while the other woman is searching for something else within Regina's big brown eyes.

"Another lie, Regina," the woman whispers for just them to hear.

It's now occurring to the woman imprisoned that these two assholes know her name, this acknowledgement sending a new wave of horror to stab violently into her gut.

"How do you know my name?" Her voice cracks, the thick rasp in her voice is far too much for her to string a proper sentence together.

The woman smiles softly, relaxing her tense features, but that just makes Regina all the more anxious inside.

"Pretending you don't know me, won't help your situation," the woman replies, inspiring Regina to fight once again against her restraints.

"I have no idea who you are," Regina exasperates as she jerks her body hard enough to cause the chair to bounce against the cement floor below. "At least tell me why you think I am the answer to your problems."

"Because you are the problem," the man growls from behind his good cop partner.

Regina screams out all her frustrations because to her, these two jerkoffs are speaking in riddles. They might as well be speaking in tongues because she has no idea what the hell either one is talking about.

"A little birdie told me that you and Emma were in the foster system together." Regina tenses from the woman's confession.

These two are from one of the foster homes?

"Ah," the man chuckles humorlessly from behind the woman. "Struck a nerve, huh?"

"Fuck you," Regina spits because even after all these years, her temper still gets the best of her at times.