X

*Ryan's POV*

Its not dark anymore.

The bed is white and there's too much sunlight streaming in through the window. Gerard is standing over me, worried. I immediately sit up. Wrong move.

The world tilts sideways and I need to throw up the pizza Patrick force fed me. Luckily there's a bucket next to me.

A nurse gets me water as Gerard comforts me while I'm still vomiting. He informs me I was out for almost a whole hour. He doesn't know how long I was in the cabinet for.

"Brendon came earlier to check on you but he's explaining what happened to Mr Michael. He'll be back soon."
He brushes my hair away and demands I drink more water.

Brendon rushes into the small, infirmary with Dallon at his heels.

"Hey Gee I told Patrick why we're late to his house, he says he's coming to help out." Brendon walks over and sits on the edge of the small bed I'm on. He runs his finger across the bruise on my jaw, clearly concerned.

I wanted to scream that I was fine and they didn't have to worry. Patrick didn't have to come all the way here and they didn't have to stay back after detention.

"Where's your mum? Is she picking you up?" Dallon asks. Oh no.

Everyone looks at me expectantly even though they know I'm not going to answer. Slowly, still aware everyone was watching me, I pull my phone out from my back pocket. Searching though my contacts and holding up my phone for them to see.

Aunt Vivian
9879*****
Call contact
Message contact
Video call contact

Brendon realises what I mean by showing them that contact. He corrects Dallon.

"Where is your aunt? Is she picking you up?"

I shake my head. She only finishes work at 5 and if I've been out for an hour it should only be around 4.

"Who is picking you up?"

I shake my head again.

"Are you supposed to be walking home?"

I nod this time.

The three of them say no in unison.

"No way in hell are you walking home like this" Gerard says. "Look, just wait for Patrick and he'll pick us up. His house is kinda far so he probably had someone drop him off here."

Everyone's going to too much trouble, especially since they've only known me for a day.

"Okay we can drop you home and-"

I shake my head. No way Aunt Vivian was going to see me like this. She'd probably freak out and have us move. Again.

"Oh... Uhhh how about-" Gerard starts but Brendon cuts him off.

"-how about you stay over at Patrick's house. Just call your aunt and it'll be fine with his mum." He glances at the others "you guys wanna come too?"

Gerard can come. Dallon has something on so he can't come. He bids us good bye and leaves.

**********
Patrick takes my phone and calls Aunt Vivian to explain what's going on and to ask if I could stay at Patrick's for a while.

"Hello Ms uh.. Ross"

Pause.

"No this is Patrick. I'm one of Ryan's friends at school."

Pause.

"No no nothing's wrong"

Pause.

"Can he stay over at mine for the night? We'll send him to school and everything tomorrow"