I

*Brendon POV*

"Shiiiiiiitttt"

I groaned as I sat up, rubbing my eyes as sunlight streamed thought the blinds. I glanced at the clock on the bedside table. 7:57.
I'm late.

**********
"No running in the halls Urie, how many time do I have to tell you?" A mocking voice greeted me at the door of my locker.

"Spencer shut it I can't be late again. One more time and I get detention"

"What the hell are you talking about first period is at 8:00"

"Yeah I know"

"Its 7:40"

"What?!"

"Oh yeah..." He grinned like a maniac "I forgot I messed with your clock last time I was around at yours"

"You WHAT?" I wanted to strangle him. "What the hell man I woke up and rushed though the morning in a half blind panic! I didn't even have breakfast!"

"Chill out dude you'll be fine"

"I'm hungry"

"Okay but-" "HUNGRY"

Spencer blinks and slaps my arm. Hard.

"Owwwwwww"

He smirked and said "serves you right"

"Oh shut up already"

**********
We dropped our stuff off into our lockers and made our way to the canteen. Only last year was it brought to the schools attention that a lot of kids skip breakfast in order to make it to school on time so they made the canteen open half an hour before school starts.

I paid for the sandwiches quickly and shuffled back over to Spencer who was waiting to the side impatiently. He snatched one from me and tore it open immediately.

"Jesus. If I remember correctly, YOU were the one making fun of ME for being hungry"

Spencer slapped me again.

**********
Spencer dragged me back to our lockers, insisting he'd forgotten something.
Instead, he pulled out a small box complete with a bow and everything. He shoves it towards me without making eye contact. If anything, he's concentrating more on the ground than me.

"Happy tomorrow-is-your-birthday-but-I-won't-be-here-so-I'm-giving-it-to-you-today Birthday present" he mumbles just loud enough for me to hear.

"Uhh.."
I accepted it but felt bad immediately after. Spencer was already juggling two jobs on top of school and yet he still scraped something together for me.

"Thanks man I appreciate it. You have a good feeling about the new place?" I asked. Tomorrow he was interviewing for a college just outside the city. He'd been held back once so he's a year older than everyone in class. He turns nineteen in about a month whereas I turn 18 tomorrow. He's been living by himself for a while now so he works two jobs to keep up with everything. It barely keeps him afloat but he's doing quite an okay job.

I stuck the present in my bag, telling him I'd open it tomorrow on my birthday and we walked the rest of the way to class silently. Unfortunately, we don't have a class together until after break so when we go our separate ways, he punches my arm and wishes me luck. I understand why. First period is English. Ugh.

**********
[Heyo guys author's note will be written like this. The chapters will get longer I promise. This is loosely based off something that happened to me (you'll understand in the next chapter) and I hope y'all like it]