Chapter 11 - Wake Me Up

My hiatus is over. POSITIVE VIBES ONLY🥰🥰🥰

I will not be reading comments until I am finished with this story. 🤢🤮🤧😷

I love fantasy but I am a realist that likes to crossover into both worlds. 🙄

I am also like to free write as I get ideas, there is always more to my stories than what it appears. 🤷🏻‍♀️

#Mentalhealthawareness

Avicii 🤧🤧🙏🏼🙏🏼❤️❤️❤️🎈RIP

This chapter is dedicated to a legend lost 😇😇

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_________________
EVAN
_________________

I just sat here with Shantel staring at my feet.

I mean I can believe that I am a father but at the same time I can't believe it.

"Shan?" I say without looking at her. There is just so much hurt in her eyes its tearing me apart.

No one else has the power to break me but her.

But something else is moving in me.

Deep inside.

A deep yearning, something I've never felt before.

Love.

A different kind of love.

A love that doesn't expect much. A forgiving love.

An unconditional love.

I shake me head remembering what my father would tell me "stop being weak or your family will die. Do you not want to protect your mother and brothers?"  That night my father had me tied to a pole trying to see how long I could last being tortured before I would break.

Each time I broke he started over drowning me with the hose, or burning me or beating me.

I eventually learned to be strong. strong men are made, my father made me into a man.

It was the only way to protect my family. Both Bryce and Evan are weak. I had to do it. I also did it so that my father wouldn't try to go after my brothers. I gave up myself to protect them. They never would have survived Edwards mafia training, my kidnapping and torture and all that I have put on the line the line to keep them safe.

"Mmmhhhhh?" Shantel answers breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Do you....umhh" I clear my throat and look up at her and she's just looking at me. "Do you mind if I go and sit with Syon? I won't wake her, I just want to see her." I don't even know how to explain it without being weird and feeling weak.

She nods and smiles. "Second door on the right." She points to where I assume Syon's bedroom in located.

I look at her examining her features once more.

She looks good but her eyes seems to be displaying more turmoil than before. She bites her lip as her eye glosses and turn away from me.

I sigh, getting up following her direction.

The hall is dimly lit from the light in the living room.

I decide not to turn any lights on out of fear of startling Syon.

Her door is slightly ajar and she has a pink lava lamp lighting up her room.

I open the door enough to get inside and walk over to her bed.

She is sleeping peacefully with hair falling in her face.

I sit on the empty side of the bed since she is on her side on the other side of the bed. I try to move slowly not to shake the bed but the moment by my butt touches the bed, her eyes pop open like she was never sleeping.