Chapter 8 - Train Wreck

*haven't been proofed*

I update on my free time.

Will try to get another chapter up in a couple of hours.

COMMENT

VOTE

________________
EVAN'S POV
__________________

"Sir we're here"

"SIR?"

I snap out of my train of thought at my bodyguards voice.

"I heard!" I respond.

I had been lost in my head thinking about what Shantel would look like now, would she still love me? Does she need me like I need her? Has she missed me as much as I missed her? Why did I give Cara her ring? Why did I marry that stupid bitch, there had to have been other options? How will I make up for the years I missed in my child's life, a child I never wanted.

I take a deep breath. There is no way I can be around Syon, I will ruin her as much as my father ruined me but I feel a deep need to be around her.

Just holding her feels so right. It feels like the first thing I've done right in a very long time.

"Go and knock on the door next door and have Ace let you in. I will let you know when I am ready."  I open the car door adjusting Syon in my arms as I exit the vehicle.

I look up at the house in front of me and nod my head in approval of the home she is living in with my child. Even though it was late at night, the outside of the house had ample lighting to see clearly.

As I walk up to the front door, it swings open and the face that has plagued my dreams and nightmares over the years is finally in front of me

Once again, for the second time tonight, I am frozen in place.

Tears starts to fall from her eyes and she puts her hand over her mouth to muffle her cries.

Her hold on the door tightens and her legs begin to shake.

I started moving towards her as fast as I could without jerking Syon too much. It was as if someone lit fire to my body when my free arm wrapped around her waist to keep her from falling.

She grips my shirt with both hands and burys her face in my chest as she cried.

The trembles from her body as she quietly cried soaking my shirt stirred something deep inside of me.

Something only she has ever had the power to move.

It makes me question my sanity. It made me unable to stay away from the forbidden fruit when my brother's warned me. It make me insane.

Is this really what loves feel like?

Or is this just an insane infatuation?

She shuffles from my arm and taking a step back while wiping her face.