He attaches my leash and pats his leg which means come or follow if he's moving.
I cautiously take a step out of my cage, my body shaking. Stumbling out I mentally curse myself for my actions. It seems as though my energy is almost to low to even support my frail body.
Jake glares at me for stumbling but thankfully he lets it slid without punishment and he continues to lead me up the stairs and the heat of the pack house relieves me even if only for a few seconds.

I start to pant at the hard work of walking but I still follow. Jake opens the door and we exit the pack house, I shiver feeling the fresh snow breeze hiting my face and I have to squint my eyes as the sun blinds me.
Still heaving I shake my head and blink my eyes a few times to adjust them to the light. Everything was fairly blurry and I couldn't make out things from far away, but that's normal for me. I remember I used to have such good vision when I was younger I could see for miles! But now there are times where I'm left in my cage for usually days or even weeks and I guess it messed with my eyes, being in the dark all the time.

"Your working with the kids today Mutt" Jake only briefly looks at me as he speaks.

I feel the bile in my throat rise and my fear unmistakable present as I think about working with the kids, the older ones like to really hurt me a lot.
I think it's mostly to show off but sometimes they would have knives and the kids would just laugh as they'd take turns slashing the blade over my bony body seeing how long it'd take before I black out, and training is never fun I'm always used like prey, they tackle me and sink their claws and teeth deep into my skin. Those are the kids that terrify me to even think about.
But sometimes I'd get to work with the younger kids when the daycare is short staffed which is nice because a lot of them they just want to play with toys but even the kids who want to play with me usually hide me in warm pillows and teddy bears, some are just so gentle. I really hope I'm working at the daycare..

Walking along the freezing cold pathway I feel my paws start to go numb. I glance down toward my feet seeing the ice stick between my toes, then start to look around a bit and see that a few of the pack members are getting ready to go on patrol.
My observation was brought to an end when I hear Jakes footsteps stop and immediately myself I stop and get into a sitting position. I stiffen as I feel the presence of a high rank and look around to see beta Callin approach us and I feel my body shake as my legs go weak, my obvious fear is no doubt showing. Callin was a very scary man much like the Alpha.

"Jake! A word please" Callins firm voice spoke as he walked over with strong strides until he's standing right in front of us, I lower me head even further in submission getting ready to show my stomach if necessary.

"What is it beta Callin?" I hear Jake ask after a pause, which was most likely Jake bowing his head in respect to higher rank.

"Where are you taking Mia" he spoke calmly which sent chills down my spine.

"She's been requested to accompany the small children, Nara is short staffed at the daycare today sir"
I get a bit more relieved knowing that I'm working with the kids at the daycare and not on the training field.

"Hmm" he goes quiet for a second possibly mindlinking before he speaks again "can you get your brother to take her to the alpha in two hours, no later, and I need you on the south patrol with me in 10"  He orders then walks away after a short nod from Jake.

Jake grins down at me " looks like you'll be visiting the alpha today, exited?" He chuckles then tugs at my leash harshly getting me to follow.

My walking got a bit shaky as I thought of what the alpha would want, and of course it had to be Josh taking me there. Maybe alpha was finally going to kill me, maybe he's sick of me. I wondered if I'd fight death.. no.. death sounds good right now..

I try to clear my mind by looking at the snow and thought how the sun made it sparkle like glitter making it look absolutely gorgeous, it's amazing how something so simple could show such beauty even at night the snow would shine with the stars and moon above. I rarely get to stay outside during the night, I only get to when I've been forgotten about and to be honest those nights are always so special, the night sky and how it's almost like the woods are sleeping with how quiet everything is, it's always so calming and relaxing.

Before I knew it Jake stopped and I looked up to see the colourful sign that read Daycare. Jake knocked on the bright wood door and only moments later Nara opened it and took my leash as Jake sped off to join the patrol.

Nara wasn't mean like a lot of the werewolves in my pack well most women weren't, but I could tell she was more just glad to have a distraction for the kids which is ok, I don't mind being here.

She unhooked my leash and hung it up on the coat rack then went back to humming while she made snakes for when the kids got hungry.

I jumped and flattened my stomach to the floor as I heard loud thudding on the ground I looked over to my right to see three little girls running towards me, I relaxed a bit and sat up letting my bristled fur fall flat.
I knew their names as Kaylee, Becca, and Rayan they were quite fond of me.
They all gave me hugs which were very tight and kinda hurt but I ignored the pain and gave them a few licks just enjoying the warm feeling I get around them.

We played dress up for a bit and they dressed me up as a fairy while they were all princesses, then they grabbed blankets and a bunch of fluffy pillows before snuggling up to me for nap time. I closed my eyes and felt content and the warmth of their body's heating my own. I let sleep slowly take over while I quietly did a wolf purr.