Broadway Crush-Jeremy Jordan

Dedicated to BeckyMerari1808

I subconsciously started humming along as Jeremy Jordan and Laura Michelle Kelly rehearsed Neverland.

"We can sail away tonight
On a sea of pure moonlight
We can navigate the stars
To bring us back home
In a place so far away," Jeremy sang.

Laura joined in, "We'll be young
That's how we'll stay
Every wish is a command
We will find ourselves
In Never Neverland."

"Every wish is a command
I am closer now
To finding Neverland." I softly sang along with Jeremy as he finished up the song.

I've been the stage manager of pretty much every musical that Jeremy Jordan has stared in. From Rock of Ages to Bonnie & Clyde and now Finding Neverland. Jeremy and I have worked with each other for so long we practically know everything about each other.

"Hey Katie," Jeremy greeted as he walked backstage to where I was watching them rehearse. "How did we sound?"

"From where I was standing, it sounded great." I smiled as I looked down at the clipboard, going through the schedule.

"Thanks," he sent me a wink causing me to blush. I cleared my throat as he walked past me to get a water.

"Katie!" I jumped when one of our interns ran over to me.

"Maddy, what's wrong?" I asked, calmly. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jeremy watching our exchange.

"Well," she stuttered avoiding eye contact.

"Maddy," I said softly, "calmly explain to me what happened."

"Well, I ordered those props, but half of them were backordered and the other half got lost in transit. I tried calling the company, but couldn't get through to them. They emailed me a half-assed apology stating that they are going to resend the props."

"Okay, so our actors work without props for a few more days. That's fine. I'm sure they are more than capable of acting without props a little longer." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jeremy smile.

"Well," Maddy dragged out.

"Maddy? Is there something else you need to tell me?" I asked taking my headset off and placing it around my my neck.

"The updated delivery date is two weeks after the show starts," she said, biting her lip.

"Oh boy," I said, letting out a long sigh closing my eyes. I cleared my throat and looked down at my clipboard.

"I am so sorry, Katie! I don't know what to. . . I didn't know. . ." Maddy stuttered, getting nervous.

"Maddy? Honey, I need you to take a deep breath. Okay? It's going to be just fine. I will call them and sort this whole thing out. No need to worry," I said.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, sweetheart." While she calmed down, I looked over and saw Jeremy still watching us. I suddenly felt self-conscious when I saw Jeremy smiling at me. I cleared my throat, looking away from him and back at Maddy. "Can you get me their number, please?"

"Of course," she said before quickly turning on her heel and running the other way.

I ran my hand through my hair, trying to calm my nerves. "Nicely done," Jeremy said suddenly, making me jump. He laughed when he noticed I had jumped.

"Oh thanks," I said, slowly turning around and facing him.

"You handled that really well." I couldn't help but blush at his praises.