The Delancy Bullies-Jack Kelly

I stumbled towards the Newsboy Lodging House, barely able to stand on my own two feet. The pain throughout my body made my head dizzy. I gripped the doorframe, building up my strength to walk up the three flights of stairs

When I was finally up the stairs, I practically fell through the doors. The slamming of the doors made the boys' heads turn. "Y/N!" Crutchie gasped when he saw me barely able to stand. Davey caught me before I could collapse. Race rushed over and helped Davey walk me to an open bed.

"I'll go get Jack!" Romeo said before heading towards Jack's penthouse.

"Here," Les said handing me some water.

"Thank you," I barely gasped out. I tried to take a drink, but my hands were shaking too badly.

"Here," Davey said taking the cup out of my hand. He lifted it to my lips and helped me drink.

"We should lay her down," Race said looking between me and Davey. I gritted my teeth in pain as they helped me lay down. All I wanted right now was to be in the arms of Jack. I groaned when I realized how angry my boyfriend was going to be when he finds out what happened.

"Jack," I said, barely audible.

"Don't worry, Y/N. Romeo went to go get him." Davey said gently touching my forehead. As if on cue, I heard a shout from the fire escape.

"Where is she?!" The boys jumped when they saw Jack barge into the room. "Y/N!" He said running over as Davey, Les, Race and Crutchie made room for him.

He knelt in front of me and gently put his hand on my cheek. "What happened, baby? Who did this?"

"The Delancy brothers," I said slowly.

"What?!" He yelled through gritted teeth. The room filled with angry mumbles and threats.

"I was walking here from Miss Medda's when, I think it was Oscar, pulled me into an alley. I tried to get away, Jack. I really did, but. . But they. . . They're stronger than I am, Jack. I tried to fight but. . . I'm sorry." Tears fell as I avoided eye contact.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Y/N. It's going to be okay, I promise," he said softly. Suddenly his hands started to shake. "I am going to kill them! I am going to make them pay for hurting you!" He stood up and started to leave.

"Wait," I cried out in pain as I sat up to grab his hand. "Please. Not now. Please, don't leave me." I said as tears streamed down my cheeks. He turned around and sat down next to me, his eyes softening.

"Okay. I'm sorry." He pulled me into his chest and gently rubbed my back.

"Race," Jack said softly after a few minutes of just holding me. "Will you get me some fresh bandages? Davey will you get me some water? We need to cover these cuts so they don't get infected."

As they turned around and got what he needed, Jack leaned down and kissed the top of my head. "You're going to be okay. You can stay here until you are back on your feet. And tomorrow, I make the Delancys pay for ever laying a finger on you."

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "Jack the Protective Puppy."

"Puppy?" He laughed looking down at me.

"Yeah. You're strong enough to hurt someone, but soft enough to love them."

"Unless someone tries to hurt the Queen of New York," he laughed as he leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to my lips.