Stress Doughnuts-Winn Schott

I could feel my hands shaking as I took the box of doughnuts from the guy at the counter. "Thank you," I said softly before turning on my heel and leaving.

As I walked to the DEO, my heart sped up with each step closer. When I got to the building, I headed for the elevator. When the doors opened on the right floor, I hesitated.

Why was I doing this? I mean, I know I have to do this, but where was this sudden courage coming from? I took a deep breath before stepping out of the elevator.

"Hey Y/N. What are you doing here?" Kara smiled as she saw me walk in.

"Oh, I just. . . I was in the area and figured I would come and surprise Winn with some doughnuts."

"Fun! Come on. I'll walk with you." I nodded before following her to her's and Winn's desks. "Winn, I have a surprise for you."

When Kara stepped aside so Winn could see me, his eyes grew. "Y/N! What are you doing here?" He laughed as he stood up and gave me a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Well, you were saying this morning how doughnuts sounded really good and I was in the area and saw that shop on the corner and I thought I would come and surprise you." I took a breath before adding, "So, surprise!"

"You're the best. I love you," he said as he kissed my cheek again. I smiled softly, but it fell when I remembered why I was here.

"Winn?" I asked softly. This made him look up at me with worry in his eyes. "Can we go somewhere to talk?"

"Yeah," he stuttered, "of course." He stood up and intertwined our fingers. "Everything okay? You're acting kind of weird." He notes as we walked into a room with two chairs and a table.

Winn sat down but I decided to stay standing. I watched as Winn opened the box and took out a doughnut. "You can sit down, ya know," he said with a mouth full of doughnut.

"I don't know how to say this," I said as I started to pace back and forth. "It's a big thing but. . . I mean we're strong enough. At least I think we are. We've been dating two years so it was bound to happen. I mean, I'm still in school but you have a great job so. . . We are still pretty young and it is a big responsibility. But, what if you aren't ready? What do I do then? I can't do this on my own. I mean, you're my whole world. I. . . I need you."

"Okay," he swallowed, cutting me off. "Seriously Y/N/N, you're kind of starting to freak me out. What's going on?"

"I'm pregnant."

My statement made him choke on the doughnut he had in his mouth. I bit my lip as he coughed. "Guess I should have brought you coffee or milk or something," I said trying to lighten the mood.

"You're pregnant?" He asked softly causing me to nod. We stared at each other for a solid minute before he started eating more doughnuts.

Eating is the wrong way to phrase it. More like shoving doughnuts into his mouth without chewing.

"Look, I know this is big. And kind of scary. But, we love each other and we knew that it would've happened sooner or later. Yes we aren't married but we've both always said we didn't want a big wedding. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I've been going crazy, unsure of what to do. I just wanted to see how you feel about it." I looked up to see him still stuffing his face. "Winn, will you stop eating so we can talk about this?" I asked, trying not to get annoyed with him.

"Sorry, I'm stress eating," he said as he took another bite.

I sighed as I sat down, across from him. "I wanna keep it." I said suddenly, even surprising myself.

"You do?"

"Yeah. I mean, it's an innocent baby. I'm not going to punish it for our mistake." I held my breath waiting for him to say something. I sighed when he didn't say anything. "Look, I understand if you don't want anything to do with this baby. I'm not going to pressure you into something you aren't ready for."

"Y/N," he said cutting me off. I watched as he stood up and walked around the table to kneel in front of me. "I think we should keep it."

"You do?" I asked, almost in tears.

"Of course I do." He laughed. "It's our baby," he whispered.

"I'm just. . . I'm scared that I won't be able to do it. What if I'm a terrible mother?"

"Not possible," he said shaking his head. Winn reached up and caught a tear. "You are going to be an amazing mother. We are going to raise the hell out of that kid. We are going to be the coolest parents ever. That kid," he said gesturing to my stomach, "isn't going to know what to do with all the love we show them."

"I love you," I whispered before pulling him towards me and pressing my lips to his.

"I love you too." He said as he leaned his forehead against mine. Suddenly he pulled away and leaned down. I couldn't help but smile as he leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to my stomach. "And I love you."