Awkward Love-Winn Schott

Have you ever been in the situation where you are absolutely, positively head over heels in love with someone and they have no idea? Or worse, you are so far in the friend zone you are practically in the "sibling zone"? Well, that's me.

Here's the problem. I've been working with Winn Schott for over three years. It was love at first sight. Almost. It was for me at least.

I met him on my first day working as photographer for Cat Grant's magazine. I was in the elevator, shaking in my combat boots, when the elevator door opened and a brown haired boy in a white button up, a red tie and a dark blue cardigan walked in. When he noticed me standing in the corner he smiled at me.

"What floor?" He asked.

"Umm," I said bitting my lip.

There was an awkward silence before he cleared his throat. "I don't want to intrude or anything but, are you okay?"

"No, I'm not," I sighed closing my eyes and leaning against the elevator wall. "It's my first day and I am absolutely freaking out! I have heard so many stories about Cat Grant and how she is a hardass. I heard the last person who had my job had an emotional breakdown after Cat told her her picture looked like a kindergartener drew it and shredded it. Cat Grant shredded a girls photograph right in front of her!"

"I remember that. Poor Jackie. She was always really nice. At least until that day. Then she was quiet and always questioning herself. She finally got another job at a magazine in the next city over. I heard she's engaged." I looked over at the guy to see him looking off in the distance, thinking. He looked up at me and let out a soft laugh.

"Sorry," he chuckled. "I zone out sometimes. Anyway, about Cat, she seems terrifying and. . . Well she is but you just got to know how to pick your battles with her. She's like a police dog. She can sniff out your greatest weakness. If you walk in with confidence and act like you aren't scared of anything, she'll respect you."

"Thanks," I smiled softly. "Thanks for the advice."

"I'm Winn. Winn Schott," he said holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you Winn," I said reaching out and shaking his hand. I ignored the electricity that shot up my arm as I introduced myself, "Y/N Y/L/N."

"So Y/N, why don't we do this together?"

And that's exactly how we did everything from that day forward; together.

"Hey Kara," I said handing her a coffee.

"Oh my gosh, Y/N you're amazing. Thank you!" She sighed as she took a sip.

I looked around and noticed Winn wasn't at his desk. "Hey, have you seen Winn? I wanted to make sure we were still on for movie night."

"I think he went to the supply closet," she shrugged. We both jumped when Cat yelled for Kara. I sent her a soft smile as she groaned.

"Good luck," I whispered. As she headed to see what Cat needed, I walked around the office looking for Winn.

I headed to the supply closet but froze when I saw Winn and the new intern leaving the closet. The first thing I noticed was how his hair was messy and he missed a button on his shirt.

"Oh, umm hey Y/N," he said clearing his throat. I fought the tears that stung my eyes as the girl fixed her skirt.

I bit my lip as she kissed Winn on the cheek. "My place. Tonight." She said before sending me a smirk.

I cleared my throat as I looked away. "Hey, you okay?" Before Winn could touch my shoulder, I took a step back.

"You missed a button," I said cringing when my voice got caught in my throat. I ignored the look on his face as I walked back to my desk, a single tear streaming down my cheek.

Part 2 Coming Soon