Losing a Loved One, Gaining Another- Jeremy Jordan

I recently lost a really close friend to Cancer. She had been fighting Breast Cancer for more than five years and a few weeks ago, it finally took her. This is in loving memory of Kelley Braiser. Your family and friends love and miss you ❤️

I clutched my phone to my chest with tears streaming down my cheeks as I sat onto the ottoman. All I wanted was to scream and cry and throw everything close to me.

I felt like the room was spinning and getting smaller by the minute. I wrapped my arms around my waist, feeling like my lungs were collapsing on me. I felt like my whole world had come crashing down after just one phone call.

I was so numb I didn't hear the door open to our shared apartment and close.

"Y/N, I'm home! And damn did I miss you! I had a crazy day at work! Filming was crazy. Oh yeah, Melissa says hi and wants to know when you are going to come to set and visit everyone. Oh, also Mehcad joked about you dumping me and dating him. . .again. But I told him. . . Y/N? Where are you babe?"

I tried to open my mouth and tell Jeremy where I was, but I couldn't speak. I knew the minute I opened my mouth I would start sobbing. My hands were shaking as I heard him walk into the room. "Y/N? Are you okay?" Jeremy asked with a slight laugh.

"No," I said under my breath with tears finally streaming down my cheeks.

I heard his breath get caught in his throat as my shoulders began to shake. "What's wrong baby?"

I took a shaky breath as I looked down at my phone. "My mom was diagnosed with cancer," I said softly and quickly.

"What? Oh Y/N. . ." Jeremy put his knee on the ottoman and rubbed my shoulders. "It's going to be okay," he whispered into my ear.

"No it's not," I whispered back as Jeremy kissed my shoulder. I bit my lip, praying the tears would stop. "I can't loose her, Jere. She's my mom. I'm not strong enough."

"Y/N," he sighed as he stepped over the ottoman and sat next to me. He pulled me into his chest and rubbed circles on my back. I buried my head in the crook of his neck  and sobbed. "I know it's going to be hard, but Y/N you are strong enough. You aren't alone. I'm here for you. Always." He put his index finger under my chin and made me look up at him. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

I pulled away suddenly, stood up and started pacing. "But. . . She's my mom. My mom! They said that she might not have longer than a year. A year! She's never going to meet my kids, Jeremy. She. . . She won't be at my wedding." I covered my mouth to stifle the sob.

Jeremy quickly stood up and wrapped his arms around me from behind. "What is wrong with me?" I said under my breathe. 

"What do you mean?" He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

"I. . . I feel guilty."

"Guilty?" He asked turning me around. His eyes narrowed when he saw me hesitate. "Wait, Y/N are you feeling guilty talking to me about it?"

"I just. . ." I turned around, hugging myself. "You have so much going on with filming and I don't need to add to it. . ."

"Y/N," he sighed. "I say this in the nicest way, but shut up." He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear with a sad smile. "You have every right to be upset. And you have every right to talk to me about it."

"But. . ."

"But nothing." He laughed. Suddenly, the smile fell from his lips. "I'm so sorry about your mom."

"Me too," I said intertwining our fingers.

**********

After finding out about my mom, Jeremy and I planned a trip to go visit her in Seattle.