TRUST & MISUNDERSTANDINGS

Start from the beginning

Right. Yeah, I'm supposed to remember, that right? "Ah, I think I remember" So-Hyun laughed pretending that she did.

"Sit down, sit down, he should be here in a minute and then we can order. This place has the best crabs in Seoul"

"Ah, sure..." Wait, he? Who's he? So-Hyun looked at her mum with eyes knitted in confusion and then drifted to the table setting with 4 sets of cutleries instead of 3. Something doesn't seem right. Just as about she was going to open her mouth to ask her mother, a deep voice cut through.

"Sorry, I'm late the traffic was ridiculous." So-Hyun turned around to see a figure that was tall, slightly muscular and all handsome wrapped in a suit. She coughed a little, as she was taken aback. Her mother didn't say anything about another person, let alone a guy.

"So-Hyun-ah, say hi. This is Sung-Jae. He's Mrs Kang's son and your Oppa, you should remember him, we potty-trained you at the same time." The two mothers started laughing and So-Hyun was left red. She had no choice but to greet him and act like she remembered him, whilst actually trying to remember him.

He complimented her on how she had gotten prettier and he also admitted to not having the clearest memory of their childhood, but he could compare from the pictures his mother showed her. Besides drowning in embarrassment, she was wondering what in the world this dinner was meant to be and even though a few things had changed about So-Hyun, her naivety and innocence creeped out from time to time.

So-Hyun's mother and her friend excused themselves to God knows where, and she needed them to be back soon because they had been gone for almost 15 minutes and the small talk with him could only go on for so long. "So... What do you do?" She asked him.

"I'm training as an accountant and yourself?"

"I'm training to be a counsellor" she replied. Well not yet, I still need to accept the job.

"That suits you somehow" He said, suddenly smiling. "Would I be able to get a counselling session when I need one?" He asked.

"Err sure, if you work for my company." She joked before continuing to clarify "The position I'll be in is for employees in the company at first and then when I'm more experienced I can branch out hopefully." She said in all seriousness and something about his facial expression made So-Hyun think that wasn't what he meant.

"No, I mean" He chuckled slightly "Would I be able to call or send a message you if I ever need someone to talk to? I mean, you know the life of an accountant can get pretty exhausting." He cleared his throat and So-Hyun noticed his cheeks warm up.

"Sure... I guess" She gave a light smile, before they exchanged numbers. As she was going to put her phone in her bag, she received a text message.

Seung-Ho:

>Hey, what are you doing tonight?

So-Hyun:

>I'm having dinner with my mum, is everything okay?

Seung-Ho:

>Yeah.

>Everything's great.

At that same moment, Seung-Ho was stood across the street where he was meant to be having dinner with the staff from his training that day. Despite being a distance away, he couldn't miss the bright light that was So-Hyun. After sending that final text, he was left feeling confused, because on his phone was a message telling him that So-Hyun was with her mother, but in his vision was a whole different scene, a scene of So-Hyun smiling and laughing with another man that wasn't him. A whole cloud of misunderstanding hovering around his mind.