Chapter 14

Nick's POV:

The reception started off with the traditional entrances of the bride, groom, their parties, and the parents of the bride and groom.  Then people started to find their seats.  Brandi had placed us at the table with our family and the two bridesmaids were at a table with the groomsmen, who they started flirting with.

Soon, the traditional dances happened, and then later it was time for the father of the bride and bride's sister to make the speech.  We listened to Billy tell funny stories of Brandi, and then it was Miley's turn.  She was the one to make the speech, not Noah, and her speech goes as follows:  "Brandi, I love you as a sister.  We may not have the same father by blood, but we share the same mother and when Dad adopted you, I was happy to welcome you into the family.  Since then, we share an unbreakable bond as best friends and sisters.  I told you all my secrets; you told me yours.  I helped you with all your boy troubles; you helped me with mine.  We had blasts of fun, going ATV riding, horseback riding, watching movies.  I still remember that one time on the way to New York in 2008 you and I stayed up all night just to watch movies and goof around, which got us in trouble with the parental unit since I had multiple interviews and performances in the morning to promote 'Breakout.'  Despite Mom scolding us and me being completely exhausted in the morning but decided to mask it for the media, we had a blast.  When we went through hard times with my scandals, Disney, and when Mom and Dad almost got divorced, you and I pulled everyone together and we all showed unconditional love and support for each other.  And now that unconditional love and support will extend to your husband, who will show the same kind of love and support to you.  To Jason now, welcome to the Cyrus family.  You'll love it.  And make sure to bring me lots of nieces and nephews to play with.  Oh, and for my kids to have cousins to play with.  So, good luck to Jason and Brandi!!" she says, holding up a champagne flute that was filled with water for her, starting a toast.  Then she sits back down at our table.

Dancing commenced later on, and Miley and I danced to some slow songs as well as more dance-y ones.  Sometimes the kids joined us, well, at least up until Destiny broke her tiny heels from jumping so much.  Miley had to take her to the bathroom and replace her shoes with new ones she had (supermom) before coming back down to continue dancing.  Eventually, it was time to eat dinner, which was seafood.  After dinner, it was more dancing.  One dance involved this couple's dance in which the DJ had to call out a certain number of years and if the couple has been married less than that, they have to exit the dance floor.  He increases the number as it goes on, and basically, there should be only one couple remaining on the dance floor at the end (that's the couple that's been married for the most number of years) and they get to do a slow song at the end.  So basically, Miley and I were knocked out early on when the DJ called out couples who've been married for less than ten years (we've been married for only eight, going on nine in June).  Billy and Tish remained on the dance floor longer than us, but they got knocked out when the DJ called out couples who've been married for less than 40 years (so they married a month after Miley turned a year old, so it's kind of easy to figure out the number of years.  Miley's going to be 36 in November, so that means Billy and Tish are going to be married for 35 years in December.  It's really incredible).  The couple that did win was some couple that was related to Jason.

There was even the version of "Tonight" that I recorded for the Nick Jonas and The Administration band's album that played tonight.  Miley and I slow danced to that, kissing over and over again.

Basically, the dancing commenced until midnight, and everyone was so exhausted that they practically left, but Billy, Tish, Braison, Trace, Christopher, Noah, Brandi, and Jason all remained to help clean up.  Miley and I had to take the kids home, because we were all exhausted and it was way past the kids' bedtime.  When we got home, the kids were somehow still bouncing all over the place from so much excitement that they wouldn't let us take their formal wear off, dress them into pajamas, and head into bed for sleep.  It probably took about ten songs and stories and a lot of milk just to get them to fall asleep.  After that, Miley and I managed to get some sleep in.  I think we managed to get in ten hours of sleep because we were so exhausted.