Chapter 8

Nick's POV:

The next month was August.  That means the trial with Cardi B.  It took a week but the jury finally reached a decision, which was what the news was talking about right now.

"An update on the trial of new rapper on the block Cardi B, who was sued for copying the hit song 'Wrecking Ball' by Miley Jonas and the cover of the album 'Bangerz.' The jury had taken a week to decide who won, but they finally reached a conclusion.  The rapper lost and has to pay Miley $50,000.  She gave a speech after the decision, admitting her guilt and apologizing to the multi-platinum and diamond recording artist and hitmaker.  Cardi B said, 'Miley, I am so sorry if I copied your song and album cover.  I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience that I shouldn't use other people's artwork and I should be as unique and authentic, as any artist should be.  I should be myself.'  As for Miley accepting it, the singer seemed to take a while to decide and eventually accepted it as long as Cardi B doesn't do it again.  Cardi B responded that she wouldn't and there was peace between the two.  As for the trial, Miley's husband Nick, another multi-platinum recording artist and hitmaker, was supportive as he accompanied his wife to the trial.  The rapper showed off in formal wear while the married singer-actor duo matched well in businesswear throughout the two-week-long trial.  They also looked very fierce and determined to win and celebrated with a hug at the end."

Lizzie screams from the bathroom.  "Mom, Dad!!!"

Miley and I rush to the bathroom.

"Liz, what is it?" Miley asks.

"There's blood on my pants and underwear.  And I'm having cramps."

"Oh, honey.  That's your period.  We'll get it cleaned up.  Nick, go to the store and get some pads.  We don't have any here."  That's going to give her time to talk to her about a girl's puberty and periods, something I don't want or need to hear.  Also time to give Lizzie a bath and get Lizzie's laundry into the washing machine to get cleaned.

I head out to the local CVS Pharmacy to pick up the pads.  When I get there, there's all sorts of pads.  Thick, thin, wings, no wings, brands.  This was going to take a while.  Maybe I can ask Miley.  I pull out my phone and call her.  "Hey, Miles.  What kind of pads?  There's all different types."

"Ok, get the thick ones.  Doesn't matter if they have wings or not.  Just get the pads.  Lizzie's in the bathtub now and I got her clothes in the washing machine."

"Ok.  Bye."

"Bye."

I pick up a package of thick ones with wings, purchase them, and head out.  When I get home, Lizzie's out of the bathtub and in her room wearing a bathrobe, so I head to her room.  I open the door slightly and hand her the pads.  "Here, Lizzie.  I think you're supposed to put one on your underwear.  Now go and get dressed."

"K, Daddy.  Thanks." She grabs the bag and closes the door.

I walk away when I hear Miley's voice gently telling her how to put it on the underwear and then helping her to put on her clean clothes.  I smile, because I love how Miley treats Lizzie.  Miley never really lets the fact that Lizzie is really Olivia's daughter bugs her.  She knows Lizzie needs a home, especially since her mother passed away a couple years ago.  And she knows Lizzie's also my daughter and she knows that as my wife, she's very willing to accept Lizzie as her own daughter, which she did with an adoption on Mother's Day.  Miley absolutely adores Lizzie and treats her as if she's the one who gave birth to her.  Thank God that Miley's selfless.  She's always thinking of others, which is one of the reasons why I loved her and picked her to be my wide.  This trait shined even more once she became a mother. Also thank God that Lizzie hasn't inherited Olivia's selfishness (I broke up with Olivia because she was completely demanding that I give up my career for her only, and I'm not one to give up something that I absolutely love.  I'm not a workaholic, but singing and acting is my life and it would be hard to give something like that up, especially for ONE person.  So that's when I had to change my criteria for a potential wife and mother of my kids.  The criteria was someone who could understand the lifestyle of a singer, songwriter, actor, and co-founder of a record label.  Someone who's family-focused and priorities are family-first, then their careers.  Someone who would want a family.  Someone who's completely selfless, thinks of other people, not just herself.  Someone who's smart, determined, fierce, funny, nice.  Someone who's religious.  Someone who I have lots of stuff in common with, like religion and music.  Someone who stays who they truly are and never tries to be anyone else.  Someone who loves me for who I am.  Someone who has a great smile and radiates love, energy, and positivity to the world.  Someone who's mature.  Someone who's gorgeous, in terms of natural beauty.  Someone who doesn't conform to the standards of beauty especially in the entertainment industry where people are getting plastic surgery to look good.  Someone who's uniquely beautiful and doesn't even try hard to look good.  It didn't really matter anymore if it was an older woman or not.  And that fit Miley perfectly (the last part of the criteria reminded me of our first date.  She was trying so hard to look good for me and couldn't find anything, so she wound up wearing a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.  She could wear anything and look good.  She didn't try hard after that and she never wears makeup unless she absolutely has to, like an event).  That's when it sort of hit me a bit that Zac was right when he set us up and that we're soulmates, if I even believe such a thing, if that even exists.  And that helped me get my act together and mature a lot.  That's what helped me to realize that we can work through all the issues we had.  And so Miley and I reunited at that Grammys just about nine years after that first breakup and we started off as friends and as soon as she was done with her fake engagement, we dated again, and this time, it was perfect.  We worked through all our issues and re-fell in love for each other), but then again, Miley's selflessness and our guidance is helping Lizzie to not just focus on herself, especially since the common thing at her age seems to be focusing on themselves.  Also, catching boys, which I am so against right now.  I told her no boys until she's an adult, which gets her upset at me and then Miley talks to her about it.  I'm afraid the teenage years have started early.