Chapter 7

Nick's POV:

Then in May it was our first Met Gala together as a couple.  And it was our first in eleven years.  Last time we attended, it was in 2015 and we attended separately.  And unlike the Grammys in 2018, we had no idea the other was going to be there.  So this Met Gala was special.  Especially since this year's theme was Heavenly Bodies and something to do with Catholicism.  Even though we're both not Catholic ourselves, we are both Christians with families that are very hardcore with religion.  That was something that helped brought us together (mainly Zac Efron and the 2006 fundraiser).  Miley had grown up Baptist and I had grown up  in a Protestant/Pentecostal religion under a father who was an Assemblies of God minister.  So when it came to the wedding, it was easier if Miley was baptized into my religion and Dad renewed his priesthood to ordain the wedding, which is what we did.  The priesthood had expired after the wedding and Miley was a Protestant like me.

Besides that, there was the whole religious and sex symbol images we protrayed.  In Disney, it was the religious images.  Around 2015, it was the sex symbol images where we were both naked.  And then around 2016 and 2017, we toned down and matured and combined both figures to where we are now.  So I think people are excited to see what we pull off this time.

I'm wearing a Dolce & Gabbana suit with a cross.

Miley comes down in a low-cut, backless black vegan Stella McCartney gown that revealed a bit of her butt.  She matched it with black sandals with golden cross heels and gold cross jewelry.  She even wore gold cross earrings and she kept her hair down but smoothed in the exact same way she had it at the Grammys we reunited at, only it's her natural hair color this time (brown hair).  She looked gorgeous.

"Wow, just wow," I say.

"Thank you," she says.  "Are you ready to go?"

I nod and leave with Miley.

Mom was watching the others tonight.

We get to the Met Museum and start posing.  We do some serious ones where we smile and then there's some fun and sexy ones where we match each other's faces, doing smolders, pouty faces, goofy faces, etc.  Also PDA stuff like hugs and kisses, and everything you can possibly imagine.

Then it was time to go into the Met itself, where we did a couple of interviews.

First one, the interview had asked about Miley's weight.  "So you look good.  I could tell you lost weight.  How do you do it?  What are some tips you could give?"

Miley says, "Thanks.  I lost a few pounds for the Superbowl and I managed to lose a couple before the Gala now.  For me, it's just a lot of light exercise.  I really can't do anymore than that because of the heart conditions I have.  Because the more you do, the more your heart rate goes up.  And for me, it's already faster than normal.  So that's something I take care of right now and when it comes to exercise, it'll just be yoga, running, or walking.  And I do eat healthy foods.  And it's all in moderation as well.  It's not easy, but it's all basic care."

"Do you open up about these conditions often?"

"No.  I prefer to keep my health private."

The interviewer turns to me.  "What about you?  Do you open up about your health?"

I say, "A little bit.  That tends to be a difference between us and we're ok with that.  Not everybody is the same.  Everyone is different.  So Miley keeps her stuff private.  I'll talk about it.  And we'll respect each other and we do wind up taking care of each other.  If I forget my medicine, Miley will remind me and then it's the other way around.  So if Miley forgets hers, I'll remind her.  Sometimes she purposely forgets the medicines she's on for her heart conditions, but she is pretty good at taking her medicine for the hypoglycemia."