25: Gonna Be A Night To Remember

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: Gonna Be A Night To Remember

"Bakit ang tahimik mo?" DJ asks, as we both swayed to the music.

I shield my face by letting some of my hair's loose strands cover my face. "Eh, tumitingin kasi ang mga tao eh."

He tucks them behind my ear. "Kasi, nagseselos sila..." His voice trails off.

I nod to myself. Of course they're jealous. I'm dancing with a freaking celebrity!

"Nagseselos sila saakin kasi kasayaw ko ang pinakamagandang babae dito." He finishes with a smile.

I shyly look away.

"What? Totoo naman ah." He grins.

I couldn't help but grin back.

"Alam mo ba na I was coming here?" He asks.

I nod. "Namention nila Janella saakin."

"I just want you to know na the reason na pumunta ako dito aside from making your friends happy... I am formally telling you na gusto kita, Julia. And I hope that you will give me a chance to prove it to you."

When he said this, I felt all the oxygen run out. I couldn't breathe. "Ha?" I asked.

"Gusto kita, Julia. And by that I mean, may plano akong ligawan ka."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"So?" DJ looks at me expectantly. "Pwede ba?"

"Ah, eh, kasi..." I start stammering. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang isasagot ko.

He nods, backing away a little. "Naiintindihan ko. You want some time to think about it."

"I just need to think with a clear head." I tell him.

"That's okay. Marunong naman akong maghintay." He assures me.

"Okay." Reply ko naman. I didn't know what to say anymore.

We continue to sway for a two more songs, without us really saying anything. All I did was try to avoid DJ's eyes because my face was absolutely red from all the blushing.