21: A Phone Call - Part 1

A/N: This is a filler chapter, so this might be bitin for you.

Chapter Twenty-One: A Phone Call - Part 1

"...and that is why Eponine decided to tell her father about where Jean Valjean was residing. Did you get it? Um... Julia? Julia? Hoy, Juliaaaaaaaaaaa!"

"Ha-what?" I asked, startled.

"Julia, nakikinig ka ba?" Ate Denise, my tutor, asked, frowning.

"I'm so sorry, Ate." I apologized. My mind had just been wandering a lot lately. We ended the sleepover on a great note, and I guess I was just starting to feel to burden of having lessons again. "Pwede mo bang ulitin? Di ko kasi masyadong naintindihan." I requested. We were discussing Victor Hugo's Les Miserables for English Lit and I kind of did not finish reading the assigned pages she had me read over the two week break.

"Okay. As I was saying earlier, remember how Eponine was desperately in love with Marius who was desperately in love with Cosette?" she paused, looking over to me to see if I had been following. I was looking at her intently so she continued, "She was very disappointed when she found out that Marius was in love with Cosette, considering he did not know her. So, of course, envy was what drove her to do what she did. Alam naman niyang hinahanap ng tatay niya si Valjean, who I repeat is Cosette's adoptive father, so nung nalaman niya kung saan sila nakatira, she had told her father without hesitation."

"And, Eponine did eventually regret what she did diba?" I asked, to prove to her that I really was paying attention.

"She eventually did feel guilty. That is why she later sacrificed her life for him. That is all for tonight." Ate Denise replied, now clearing up the table. "Julia, may short quiz tayo tomorrow ah. Be prepared."

"Quiz? Aw, shucks naman oh!" I groaned.

"OA mo naman noh! Short quiz lang nga eh!" She tells me, taking her stuff from the table. "Topics will range from when Valjean was still a prisoner to Fantine's death. Okay?"

I nodded. "Ate! Do you want a specific meal for lunch bukas? Pwede kong sabihan si Manang Nena na lutuin yung gusto mo." I asked.

"Wag na. Masarap naman ang lahat na niluluto ni Aling Nena eh." Ate Denise replies. "See you tomorrow at nine sharp in the morning." She says before she heads out of the door.

"Bye!" I called out, even if I wasn't too sure if she heard me.

I lay down lazily on our couch and proceeded to check my phone to see if my mother had left any messages or such.

But when I checked my phone, there were none, so I grabbed the remote and turned on the television.

The TV was already on for almost five minutes, and until now, nagchachannel surfing pa rin ako. I settled on a channel that was airing The Ring.

"Julia," Manang Nena called. "Mauuna na ako, ha? Nasa lamesa na iyong linuto ko para sa hapunan ninyo." She was already carrying her bag.

"Ah, sige ho. Nasa labas na ata si Kuya Noel." I tell her. "Paalam ho." I called out as she exited the front door. It was already 7:21pm according to the wall clock, and my mother still wasn't home.

Of course, now that I'm all alone, natatakot na ako. Baka mamaya lalabas sa TV yung girl na ghost sa movie tapos papatayin ako!

You must be thinking that I should change the channel na, pero I'll admit, ma-pride ako eh. And kahit mag-isa lang ako, I want to prove to myself that I can continue watching this movie until my mother comes home.

"HE WAS A SK8R BOI SHE SAID SEE YA LATER BOY HE WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER--" My phone started blaring out my ringtone for Quen, which made me jump like a scared cat. (Why 'Sk8r Boi' by Avril Lavigne? Kasi Quen picked it randomly on my music player and set it as his ringtone.)

"Quen!" I exclaimed as soon as I answered, I didn't wait for him to say anything. "Ano ka ba? Ginulat mo ako! Shunga ka talaga alam mo ba muntik na ako magka-heart attack?!"

"Julia? Si DJ to. Sorry sa paggulat sayo."

"Ay, hehehe..." Si Daniel pala! Napahiya tuloy ako. "Um, DJ.. Ba't napatawag ka?"

-*-*-*-

A/N: I repeat, this is a filler chapter. I wasn't able to update in over a month and I felt really bad about it so I thought why not post a filler chapter? Para may mabasa kayo na update kahit short lang. :)

Also, if you haven't seen my other works, check them out. :)

Thank you for your patience.

BTW, I'm looking for somebody who has a knack for making covers? If you're interested in helping me out, just send me a private message. :)

**shewillalwaysbeloved**