24: Hearts On Fire

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: Hearts On Fire

"Wow. The student council have definitely outdone themselves." I say in amazement as soon as we enter. I have only been to the school once, but seeing this arrangement of the school auditorium, I could clearly remember that its original state was far from how it looked like right now. Shiny snowflake cut-outs hung suspended from the ceiling. It was a beautiful flurry of white and blue everywhere.

"I hate that it looks great without my expertise." Janella scoffed. "Yung decorating pa naman yung pinakafavorite part ko sa organizing."

I turn to see that Jane and Miles have already disappeared, probably already with their dates.

Janella gave out a loud sigh. I put my arm around her, giving her a reassuring squeeze.

"Ano ka ba? This could be your night! Smile!" I tell her.

She gives me a faint one. "Baka mamaya pagdating ni Quen, iiwan mo na rin ako." She pouted.

"Drama queen ka talaga, parang si Kath!"

Tumawa na rin siya. "Let's go find sila Jerome?" She asked.

"Sure," I agree.

We found the guys all together in one table. All of them looked dashing tonight, especially Quen, who cleaned up really well.

"Yo." I say to them, as Janella and I sat down with them around the table.

"Wow." Jerome says to both of us. But I figured that he was referring more to Janella.

I laugh. "Sabi ko nga sayo diba, you look great!" I reassure her.

Janella shrugs, still probably not believing it. Before I knew it, she was engrossed in a conversation with Albie and Jerome about how the auditorium was decorated.

I turn to Quen. "Where's Khalil?"

"Nasa CR siya. Nagreretouch siguro." He laughs at his joke. "Oy, Montage ha, para kanino ka nag-ayos ngayong gabi ah?"

I hit him lightly on the shoulder. "Quenito please, don't flatter yourself."

Tumawa siya. "Nasaan sila Jane at Miles? Eh akala ko ba na magkasabay kayo na dumating?"