13: Don't Start The Party... Yet.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Don't Start The Party... Yet.

"Where are you headed to, Julia?" Mom asks. Kakapasok niya lang sa bahay.

"A party." I tell her.

Mom rolls her eyes. "What party? You never told me there was a party."

"It was a last minute invitation, Mom. I didn't even know this party existed until this morning."

"Sasama ba sila Miles and the rest of the girls?"

"Actually, hindi po."

"Why is that so?" Mom asks, sitting on the couch with me.

" They we're, um, ano kase eh," I don't know how exactly say it to my mom. "They we're actually not invited."

"Not invited? Who's going with you, then?"

"Quen. And his cousin."

"Which cousin? Is it Ivan?" Mom didn't like Ivan that much.

"No."

"Which cousin then?" Her eyebrows were now scrunched up together in frustration.

"Daniel Padilla."

Mom looked at me as if I was kidding.  "The celebrity?"

I nodded.

"I'm not joking, Julia. Is Ivan going to be there?"

"I'm not kidding, Mom. We're headed to Liza Soberano's party with Daniel Padilla! And, I have no idea where Ivan is, so I don't understand why you'd ask me about him pa." I tell her.

"If you say so. Say hello to Johnny Depp for me." she replied sarcastically.

"Mooooooooooooooooooooom." I rolled my eyes. "I swear, totoo yung sinasabi ko. Ask Quen when he gets here!"

She just replies with a laugh then heads up stairs.