Ten- Crazy Jealous Not-Girlfriend

I squeeze into the short shorts as my back leans against the forest green lockers that line the girls changing room. The air is thick with flowery perfume and the sound of deodorant being sprayed is loud in the suffocated space.

"Do they make these for toddlers?" Akatsuki stands a few feet away, Shiina in between the both of us who's having her own issues with her gym clothes. Though Akatsuki looks ridiculous shoved into the tiny clothes, her tall frame not fitting the short items.

"You look hot Akat. Own it bitch." Shiina winks towards her. Akatsuki simply grunts in reply and returns to her locker.

I turn to look at myself in the mirror, hoping I don't show quite as much skin as Akatsuki can't help but do so. I'm glad to see that because of my short frame the shorts manages to cover the burns on my legs, only a tiny peek of red shows when I stretch upwards. Luckily the shirts have short sleeves but still enough to cover my burned shoulders.

Shiina links arms with me as she pulls me and Akat out of the locker room and into the main gym. It's a large room with bleachers pressed up against the wall and a basketball hoop in the centre of a court in between the bleachers. On the other side of the hall is a large stage with a mic in the centre, hundreds of small desks with single chairs lined in front of the stage.

"Everyone come sit on the bleachers and we'll talk through the lesson!" The teacher stands in the centre of the hall, she wears similar acquire to us except her shorts are much shorter and shirt much tighter.

Shaking off my thoughts, I walk towards the bleachers and sit next to Kaito, as soon as I sit he slides closer to me and I lean my face into his shoulder. I can't help but inhale a little, is it wrong to say he smells freaking awesome? I stop and make my resolution to not act like a creep throughout the rest of the lesson.

He chuckles a little and swipes some of my white hair away from my face, his fingers draw back and tuck it lightly behind my ear as he smiles at me. I almost want to reach up and touch his adorable little dimple but I withhold from doing it, I can feel my cheeks a bright red. His other hand tugs my shorts down slightly to cover the burn as it's peaking out from my sitting position.

"Don't be ashamed though VarVar..." He whispers to me, even though the hall is loud with talking and nobody could hear us. It somehow felt right though.

I worry if I open my mouth I'll stutter at our proximity so I answer with a simple nod. He smiles in return.

A whistle blows effectively cutting off our sweet moment, nonetheless I turn to the teacher and wait for her to speak. One she thinks we're all listening she begins telling us what to do. "Everyone get in pairs and take a ball from the front, practise passing for a few minutes and when you think you're ready try shooting some hoops!" Her shrill voice calls out, after that her makeup caked face returns to her phone. Well then.

Kaito takes hold of my arm and tugs me forward towards the court, as we approach he picks up a ball and does a chest pass to me. I speedily catch the ball and jog further into the court before returning the throw.

After a few minutes of passing and general wasting time, we start shooting into the hoop. All in all it's pretty boring, until Dakra decides to get himself through the hoop instead of the ball.

Asashi's loud laughter rings out around the hall as Dakra can be seen half in and out of the hoop, his arms are flailing as he lays split in half across the hoop. His legs lay limply in the air as he attempts to shimmy forward.

"Dakra! Get down or else, right now! Just for that, you'll all be running laps around the gym for the rest of the lesson!" the teacher screeches out as Dakra finally lowers himself back to the ground. A series of groans ring around the class as we all begin a slow jog around the gym.