Nine- Crazy Little Chimp

"Remember, don't talk to strangers and always hold the adults hand VarVar. I know how prone to wondering off you are." Kaito's condescending voice says as he does up my dark green coat, I slap his hands away and finish doing it myself.

"I'm not a child." I state defiantly.

"Could've fooled me..." I hear him mumble. What's that supposed to mean?

Though before I can ask I'm being dragged out by a short dark haired girl, her tiny hand wrapped around my wrist as she tugs me along with a surprising amount of strength.

"Bye bye VarVar, get something pretty!" I hear Kaito's yell before the door is slammed shut and I'm being ushered towards a car. As the door is slammed shut, Shiina immediately rounds the car and leaps in the passenger seat as Akatsuki slides into the driver side. She doesn't look very excited.

"Where to?" Akatsuki's monotone voice fills the car as she looks directly forward, the car roaring to life.

"Lighten up Akat! This will be fun, right Vara?" Shiina glances in the mirror towards me, I simply nod and smile as Akatsuki lets out a grunt.

To be truthful, I'm rethinking this whole dress shopping business. The dresses that I could actually wear are limited due to the ugly burns that rain all over my back and my arms, reaching all the way down the top of my legs. I wasn't ready to show anyone how ugly I was under my large protective coat, not even Kaito has seen; the worst of them he's seen is when I was covered in bandages at the hospital. I could barely look at the horrific red marks that litter my body, why would I show anyone else?

"We're here!" Shiina is shooting out of the car before it's even parked correctly, Akatsuki slamming down the breaks in slight alarm.

"Crazy little chimp." I hear her mutter, I can't help but laugh. I've never heard her say anything like that. I'm slightly shocked when I see the corner of her lips twitch in amusement.

Sliding out of the car I follow Shiina towards the modern mall that we just arrived at. It was a a large building, not too big to get lost in. Not like IKEA where if you loose your parents you're done for, but quite big. Knowing me I would still be able to lose my way, oh well.

Shiina immediately drags me into a store, it looks to be quite fancy with giant sparkly dresses and well dressed assistants that smile towards us. Good thing I brought a lot of money with me, I wasn't sure where we would be shopping or how many things I'd end up buying so I may have gone over board. Better safe then sorry.

"What size are you Var?" Shiina's voice floats towards me as she is already scanning the racks of intricate dresses.

"Six..." I mumble out, a little embarrassed over my skinny frame. Shiina simply smiles and nods,before she begins pulling dresses off the racks and shoving them towards me. I hate this part...

"Go try those on, I'll see if I can find any more." She orders as she points to the changing rooms. I enter them and scan over the dresses she's given me, I start with a royal blue halter neck, it should cover most of my burns. Slipping it on I turn to the mirror, it fits nicely but the blue makes my pale skin look ghostly...

"Come on, show us." I hear Shiina's excited voice from the other side. Sighing I exit the room and look towards Shiina who sits next to Akatsuki on a comfy looking sofa.

"It's nice, but the blue looks a little... Eh." She finishes lamely. I nod and back into the changing room, before picking up the next dress. This one is purple and short, it has one strap which I wasn't sure about. Nonetheless, I slip it on and turn to the mirror once again. I immediately disregard this dress though feel that I should show Shiina anyway.