05 | make a difference

25th of January, 2017

"The whole universe hates me," Jukyung vented on while scrubbing the unwashed plates.

Jukyung had mistakenly brought the key of Changbin's cell with her instead of leaving it in the police station. If Hitler Seong In was to know about this, Jukyung would be deat meat.

She was currently in her apartment after her shift, her shoulders tensed due to the consequent nights of night shift. She had pretended to have be dizzy from extreme exhaustion from the tough tasks and that's why, hitler 2.0 had no choice but to let her rest for the night. But, she wasn't pissed wasn't this. Something else was.

Before I say what it is, let me just tell you how Jukyung is when she's determined. Once when she was a kid, Jukyung had practiced so much for the tournament that she had to be taken to the hospital. As a result, she wasn't able to attend the tournament, let alone win but, that's not the point. The point is that she's really determined. To the point that she's willing to do anything to satisfy herself and reach her goals.

Now, the only thing bugging her were her powers. Why wasn't she able to read Seo Changbin's mind? Did she lose her powers or did she needed to polish them? Questions were hundreds but there was only one way to find out.

It was past midnight and she just needed to get fresh air and any other person-supposedly her neighbour-of whom she could make use of by reading their minds. Throwing on a gray hoodie and her keys, Jukyung stepped out of her apartment, the noise nothing but a dog barking in the distance.

She walked around the neighbourhood as her keys made a jingling noise against her phone inside her pocket. Jukyung let her feet take her to where they wanted as her fingers absentmindedly traced the patterns on her hoodie's sleeve. She didn't pay much attention to where she was going, that is, until she came to a narrow alley with dogs barking somewhere near. It definitely didn't sound like a friendly scuffle, but Jukyung knew that it was the best to mind her own business if she didn't want a bunch of dawasfinallyony dogs following her home.

Jukyung had always been a coward when it came to random dogs on the street and this was enough reason for her to make a run for it instead of meddling. It was about ten minutes after when she was finally in her block and heard the sirens from not too far away. Her apartment was really near to the police station and it was pretty normal for her.

Jukyung rubbed her hands together nervously after she rang Ryujin, her neighbour's bell and waited for the girl to open the door with the precious smile she always wore. However, upon opening the door, Jukyung found something else. Disgust. Jukyung raised her eyebrow that and the two just gazed into each other's eyes for seconds.

She knew what she had to do: focus on Ryujin's breathing and her intentions.

Jukyung felt a rush of electric shocks through her whole brain and a cold sensation down her hips as she stared into the other female's brown orbs. The colour of Ryujin's mind was purple, soon tangling itself up with Jukyung's white one. Ryujin seemed to be knowing something that made her have thoughts like this but, Jukyung didn't want to go in deeper as that would just be not respecting one's privacy, and she, a police officer of all people wasn't willing to ket that happen.

"Hi, Ryujin," she finally spoke to break the awkward silence.

"Come in?" Ryujin offered as the held the door open, making way for her neighbour to enter.

With Jukyung's superpower, Ryujin's mind was almost transparent like glass and this made the former realise that her ability to read minds was completely fine. Then, the problem must have been Changbin. Well, speaking of that...

Jukyung fished her phone out of her pocket as the noise of the sirens grew even louder now.

"A murder took place here. Come quick."

Ryujin watched as her neighbour's face became pale after she picked up the phone.

"Sorry, Ryujin, some other day."

...

Jukyung was in the police station within approximately 3 minutes and 48 seconds. She didn't even bother to think of anything else. Not that she was literally in inappropriate clothing or that she was now stepping on a puddle of blood.

She watched how the other officers freaked out upon seeing the body of an inmate.

"I feel like Seo Changbin did it!" yelled an officer at the startled boy who was hugging his knees now and...sobbing?

A heated debate took place on whether they should or shouldn't check the CCTV until their higher-ups arrive too, to check if Changbin really was the murderer.

Jukyung gulped and watched Changbin's eyes frantically roam around, searching for a similar pair of eyes. Probably the ones belonging to that annoying girl who was had been taking care of him that day.

And soon enough, he succeeded.

Jukyung stared at his eyes for a good few seconds before announcing the facts.

"It wasn't Seo Changbin. I have the keys of his cell with me. I took them home mistakenly and therefore, he wasn't even able to be out of his cell after I left the station."

Jukyung watched as Changbin brought his head up from his knees and stared at her in disbelief. He was probably thinking about how this very annoying and stupid girl had just saved him.

But, this was more than just this. This was more than just her facts because...

Jukyung could finally read Changbin's mind.

i didn't post last weel so here's a lengthy chapter

i didn't post last weel so here's a lengthy chapter. i might update less as i have tested positive for covid, but i will always try to post either lengthy chapters like this or double updates.

with love, alfisha ♥.