Laurmani

A/N: This was not entirely what I had in mind when I started writing this, but oh well. 

Quick note: Lauren is a very successful actress and Normani is chart-topping singer, and they're married.

Again, this did not turn out as I originally planned but tbh nothing I write ever does and that's okay.

Read and enjoy. :)

--------------

Lauren sighed as her phone rang and the screen displayed Dinah's name. "If you're going to yell at me for the thousandth time, don't."

"Shut the fuck up and get to Mercy General, now."

Lauren frowned, dread causing her chest to tighten. "Dinah, what happened?"

"There was a car accident. Normani's hurt. It's bad, Lauren."

Lauren turned from where she was walking towards the set and headed back to the room she had left her belongings in to go into the auditions. "How bad?" she asked, frantically searching for all of her stuff.

"Bad enough that I'm calling her estranged wife in case decisions have to be made," Dinah replied, her voice weary and quiet. "They won't tell me anything, Lauren. You're still her wife, and legally you're the one who has to make any medical decisions. I know you guys aren't on the best of terms, but you need to be here."

The raven haired woman sighed, running a hand through her hair. She picked up her purse and hoisted it onto her shoulder. "I'm on my way," she promised before hanging up.

She made it to the door, where her manager stood outside, looking absolutely furious. "What the hell was that?" the woman questioned.

Lauren put her hands up, pushing the other woman back. "I have to go."

Her manager recoiled in confusion, before a glare took over her features. "The only place you should be going is into the casting room."

The actress shook her head. "No. The only place I should be right now is the hospital. My wife was in a car accident, and I need to be there."

"Lauren, you haven't talked to her in weeks. It can wait, just go in and-"

"Fuck you!" Lauren growled, turning around and staring at the older woman with blazing green eyes. "I don't give a fuck about this audition. I don't fucking care if I never get another role for the rest of my life. I have somewhere more important to be."

Without another word, Lauren turned and stormed out of the building, heading to her car where her driver was waiting.

"Everything okay, Mrs. Hamilton?"

The woman shook her head. "No, Paul. I need to get to Mercy General right now."

The driver nodded his head. "Yes, ma'am. I'll get you there as soon as possible."

Lauren nodded, gave him a quiet thanks, and slipped into the back of the car making sure visor between the front of the car and the back seat was up. She buckled herself in and leaned her head against the window. Tears pooled in her eyes, and she clenched her eyes shut to fight them back.

"Please, don't take her," she spoke into the air. "I know I've been a shitty wife. I've been so focused on my career I never made time for Normani. I'm going to better, I swear." She took a shuddering breath, losing the battle to keep her tears at bay. "Just, please, please, do not let her die," she pleaded desperately, her voice strangled. 

------------

Lauren was out of the car as soon as it stopped, rushing through the front doors of the emergency room. She made a beeline for the front desk, quickly getting the attention of a nurse. "My wife was brought in earlier. Normani Hamilton, she was in a car accident," she explained breathlessly, carding her hand through her hair anxiously.