Chapter Thirty Two

When I finally make it into the house, I peek in the hallway to see if anyone was there. When I see its clear I walk to my room and close the door behind me. I sigh in relief with my back against the door. Looking at the bed I see the little box that is making me go crazy. Becs is so unpredictable. I sigh and sit on the bed next to nightmare of a box. Setting my crutches down on the floor and undoing my leg braces, I set them next to them. 

Using my arms I scoot back on the bed til my back is against the headboard. I grab the box with a sigh and unfold the top. I pull out something pink inside a plastic wrapper. "Candy" I mumble in confusion but reading the label has my jaw drop and eyes widen. Dropping it quickly back into the box I tip the box to have the contents on my bed spread. 

"My god" I state in shock seeing that everything Becca has put into the box. I put the edible panties back in the box first not needing to see them again. I roll my eyes when I notice a lollipop shaped like a dick. "Oh Becs." That goes back into the box also. 

I go through this routine for the next few items. Finally left with an envelope and black lacy lingerie. Curiosity of course gets the best of me and I put aside the garment to figure out what is in hiding in the white envelope. I pull out a piece of paper to see its a letter from Becca and a photo of us right before I went down hill from being involved with Brent. I feel the emotions cloud my head and tears build just at the thought of it.

Liz,

I know you probably want to punch me in the face for this stunt, but I'm pregnant so you can't. (A smile couldn't help but happen at her words.) In the last few years we have gone through so much, together and a part. I know we have had our moments were we weren't on the same page and our emotions got the best of us, but I want you to know how grateful I am for our friendship. How no matter what happens we can always pick up off where we left off. 

Your dad would be so proud of you for all that you accomplished. Your mom is proud of you. Every time I talk to her she talk about nothing but how you stepped up and made your dads which come true for you and this ranch. (I close my eyes and take a deep breath. When I look back to the letter, the tears begin rolling down my cheeks and landing right onto the paper.

You are the strongest person I have ever met! From pushing your self to walk again to getting back into your dream of training horses. But oh god how sometimes I want to punch you in the face. You are so stubborn. For you to realize how strong you are you wait until something drastic happens. Such as our fight! 

Which brings me my next point. This is something drastic. This box. This letter. This is the push for you to realize that Charlie is not Brent. That Brent will never get to you again. That Brent will never harm you again. You can even call him your night and shinning armor. I mean he did even save you! But back to the actual point! That Charlie is here and wanting you! So open those damn eyes and see what you have in front of you! Every time your around him, his eyes are always on you! I swear the blonde in you is showing since you don't notice, but I guess that's why I have to write this letter to you, right! Anyways... Please don't let what has happened to you in the past prevent you from making a future.

Love,

Becca 

P.S. Bonus of moving your relationship along with Charlie is we always wanted our babies to be around the same age!

"So is that enough of a wake up call?"

My head snaps up in the direction of the door. There stands Becca leaning on the door frame with one hand on her hip. She is watching me with a smirk waiting for me to respond.

"How long have you been standing there" I ask in fake annoyance. She rolls her eyes at my tone and walks further in to the room and sits on the end of my bed. "While you were reading" she states. She scoots further onto the bed and grabs the lingerie and holds it up, "So what do you think?" 

"God Becs! Really? You couldn't just talk to me" I ask her with a chuckle. I wipe away the now drying tears from my cheeks. "Remember how well I know you" she states. I sigh in knowing she is right. "Did I get the right size" she asks tossing it at me. I glance at the tag, "I think so. I never have worn this kind of stuff." I hold the top part up to myself.

"Looks like it will fit." Becca and my heads snap up to see Charlie leaning in the doorway with a smirk. "God you guys are so related" I say dropping the clothes in my lap. Becca laughs as she stands back up. She walks over to Charlie pushes him into the room, "Maybe you can do a little show for him. I mean to make sure it fits." Before we could respond she clothes the door behind her leaving us alone. 

Charlie and I make eye contact and the only thing I hear is our breathing.