Chapter Twenty Seven

"You did amazing Liz. You have adapted faster then I have ever seen" Michelle compliments. I smile in thanks and slowly make my way to the wheel chair. She stands next to me in case I needed a hand. Once I was seated I placed the crutches over my lap. 

"Well done. Did you want to meet again this week" Michelle asks. I shake my head, "This weeks is already hectic. I'll have to call and schedule the next appointment." She nods as she takes off the brakes of my chair. "Okay, just make sure you see me at least once in the next month. Even if its just for thirty minutes. Also come in if there is any issues with the leg braces or crutches."

She pushes me out to the front lobby of the hospital. "Did you have someone picking you up" Michelle asks. "Yeah, they should be here soon" I answer. "See you Liz. Take care of your self" She excuses herself. 

I pull out my phone and dial Charlie's number.

"Liz?"

"Can you pick me up at the hospital" I ask. I hear some movement and conversation in the background, but couldn't understand the words. 

After a moment later he answers. "Yeah."

"Thanks. I will wait for you out front!"

"Okay Liz."

I frown at his words. He didn't seem his happy self. When he dropped me off earlier he seemed off but still had that smile on his face. I made my way out of the hospital front door and to the right of the doors to wait for Charlie. To by pass the time I started playing tetris on my phone, but within a minute i'm interrupted by my ringtone and Becca's name displayed on the screen.

"What's up Becs?" 

"Can you come over" she asks softly.

"Sure. Charlie is on his way to pick me up from the hospital now. We can head to your place once he picks me up" I tell her.

"Thanks Liz" she sniffles.

"Becs, what's going on? Talk to me" I tell her.

"He asked for a dna test" she cries.

"Oh Becs. I'm so sorry. I'll be there soon. Do you want to stay on the phone with me til I get there" I ask her. I tried my best to keep my voice normal, but I really wanted to yell and scream about how much of douche bag her ex is. 

"No, its okay" Becca says while taking deep breaths, trying to calm down.

"Okay. I will be there as fast as I can. See you soon."

"Okay. Bye."

I go back to playing the game, but end up putting the phone back in my pocket after I realize I can't focus on the game at all. Trent is going to wish he was dead when I am through with him. I groan in frustration and adjust the crutches on my lap. If I could I would be pacing a hole into the floor.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a truck that could only be charlie's. He parks it by the curb and gets out of the truck. "You look ready to punch someone in the face" he states with a brow raised. "We need to go. I'll explain in the truck" I tell him as I wheel myself to the passenger side of his truck. I lock the brakes then uses my crutches to stand up. 

"Can you open the door" I ask as I adjust my feet. Noticing the door is still closed I look over to Charlie to see his eyes wide and mouth open. "Oh. I got these today and was able to work with Michelle for a little bit with them. Isn't it great" I say happily. He looks over me from head to toe then slowly his mouth closes then he takes a step forward and opens the truck. "It's great. I'm very happy for you Liz" he says with a smile. He kisses my forehead and then helps me into the truck. It was defiently awkward but once I was seated and buckled in, I felt accomplished. He didn't have to pick me up and put me in the seat. 

Once Charlie is in the drivers seat buckled, he starts the engine, "where to?" My eyes widen remembering Becca. Stupid me getting side tracked already. "Becca's. She called me upset" I tell him. He pulls out of the hospital and heads to her place. "What happened" he asked. "Trent asked for a dna test" I tell him. "I can't believe that ass hat! He knows how much she is, or at least was head over heels for him. God, when I see that man he will regret everything" I rant. 

"Easy there tiger" Charlie chuckles. "I hate the man to, but let's just be there for Becca" he adds. I sigh and pull my hair out of my pony tail then run my fingers through my hair to remove any tangles. "We are here" Charlie announces. "Let's do this" I mummer.

IT FEELS LIKE FOREVER SINCE I LAST UPDATED! APOLOGIES! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK! SINCE THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THEN MY NORMAL ONES, HOPEFULLY I WILL HAVE ANOTHER CHAPTER POSTED WITHIN THE WEEK. PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!