-17-

Small Recap:

A familiar bluenette walks into view and the sight of him makes me burst into tears, "KURO!" He looks completely beat up and out of it but the sound of my voice seems to make him look up. I start thrashing in my restraints. "Stop squirming or I'll have the second one killed." Those words make me tense up in an instant. I look over at Hitoshi and he smirks at me. I growl angrily, "Who is it?"

"Just the one and only," He grins at me. "Send the second one in!" The footsteps of the person and the guards walking together adds to the unbearable suspense.

"N- Nanami?"

~

Nanami's eyes slowly shift to mine. They look dull like their natural shine was completely sucked from them. She even has bags under them. Her dreary appearance makes me sprout with a burning rage. "Why the hell do you have my sister?!"

"She's a bargaining tool dear." He leans towards my ear, "And didn't I tell you to stop squirming? You really want your sister dead don't you?" His voice sends unpleasant shivers down my spine. Even so, I continue my attempts at getting out of the restraints. He sighs and then shrugs, "I warned you. Do it down her arm and make it big." The guard takes out a shiny dagger from his weapon belt. The fear of what he's about to do next hits me hard in the chest but I wasn't the only one. Nanami looks up at the guard in terror and tries struggling against their grip. Her efforts were futile. 

"Kuro help her!" Kuro looks up at me and then mumbles something under his breath. Suddenly, Nanami lets out a blood-curdling scream. I look back over to her to see the guard cutting a big gash down her arm. 

"Let her go!" In an instant, the guards are sent flying and my sister is being held up by Kuro. Blood coats his blue jacket. He takes a step towards us but stops when I'm abruptly in Hitoshi's arms with cold sharp metal pressed against my neck. 

"Put the knife down," Kuro growls.

"Not until she loves me," Hitoshi growls back.

"I don't love you Hitoshi! You lost your chan-" I stop when I feel the knife press harder on my throat.

"Is it because you have feelings for him?" He points to Kuro, accusingly, "that."

I stutter over my words, "I-I"

"YOU DO!" Hitoshi laughs humorlessly and I close my eyes in embarrassment. I do have feelings for Kuro and I know that I can't lie to myself about that. My heart won't let me. But being exposed like this. At such an inopportune time is just cruel and humiliating. "Well..." He starts to whisper in my ear, "If I can't have you then no one can. Cheesy, I know..." 

Before Hitoshi can slide the knife across my throat, he's kicked away from me. I look up to see Kuro. Tears begin to prick at my eyes but I refuse to let the fall. He looks down at me, grabs my waist, closes his eyes and hugs me. I hesitate at first but soon follow his lead. "You're a pain." I smile into his chest.

"I know I am and so are y-" Immense pain explodes throughout my body. I slowly turn my head to see the knife Hitoshi had in my back, all the way up to the handle. He smiles at me and says, "I told you if I can't have you then no one can."