-12-

"Sleepy Ash, huh?" I mumble to myself. Kuro nods at my statement. "Any more questions you want to ask before I finish my game." It takes me a few seconds for a question to pop into my head,"Could I end our contract?" Kuro flinches as if he's surprised by what I said. "Yes..." He says with uncertainty visible in his voice. "So, how would I do that?" I respond, genuinely interested in what his answer will be. Kuro's movements seem to slow as he answers, "You die or my item gets broken..."

"And how can your item be broken?" I ask, my voice spilling with curiosity.

"If the trust or relationship between us weakens enough that the item is not protected by the contract anymore, then it can be broken." 

"Would you die if that happened?" I pull my legs to my chest and rest my head on my knees. 

"No, but you might."

"How?"

"Because I would go on a complete rampage unless I'm knocked out or calmed down. Also, I'd hunt you down and try to kill you." My eyes slightly widen with shock at the words that came out of his mouth. I mean, I was never planning on breaking our contract. I enjoy Kuro's company and he has started to grow on me. 

"Oh..." I whisper but loud enough for him to hear. "Yeah..." We sit there in complete silence for a few minutes.

"I hope you know that I'm not planning on breaking the contract, Kuro," I reassure. He seems to be relieved by this because I see his shoulders ease. "Even if you are troublesome." Kuro rolls his eyes which makes me giggle.

~TIMESKIP

After our little discussion, we went back and forth while playing video games. The thought of his real name is still stuck in my head. I'm steadily trying to figure out why his name just feels like an empty blank spot in my memory, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

"Alright, I'm going to bed," I yawn. "Goodnight Kuro."

"Goodnight (Y/n)." 

A/n- Hey so yeah this was late and only because I've had some huge tests. They'll last for the next week but  I'll still try to get one up.