-1-

"Alright, see ya later!" (y/n) said as she parted ways with her friends. 

As soon as they were out of sight, her attitude took a 180. She hated going to school, living in this town, and shit, even living in this f*cked up world. But she knew she couldn't leave her only family behind. 

Her only family was her little sister Nanami. Nanami's thirteen while (y/n) is sixteen and since they live on their own together, (y/n) has a job. However, it's not exactly family-friendly but she's doing it to keep her and Nanami off the streets.

So far it's been working out well. She even has a delivery for someone and will be meeting up with them around nine-thirty. Though, before she does that, she decides to go get a few snacks for her and her sister.

~

(Y/n) begins to unlock the door with her right hand and holds their snacks in the other. Once she opens the door she was greeted by the ecstatic Nanami. 

"Oof. What's up Nanami?" (Y/n) asks with a warm smile.

 "Hey (Y/n)! I found something!" Nanami said excitedly. 

"What is it Nanami?" (Y/n) asks while closing the door and locking it. 

"Just come look," She says, running to the living room. 

(Y/n) walks over to the kitchen counter and sets down the bags full of snacks, hangs up her coat and takes off her shoes.

"What is it?" (y/n) asks walking over to Nanami. 

She turns around and sees a fluffy black cat in her arms. 

"And who's this?" She questions the 13-year-old while petting the cat. 

"I didn't want to give it a name until you were here," Nanami says sweetly. 

"What should we name it? "She asks. (Y/n) thinks for a minute and finally comes up with a name.

"Let's name him Kuro!" (Y/n) suggests with a grin.

"I like it," Nanami says softly.

~Time Skip

Nanami and I were having fun playing video games. Victories switching between me and her. Then, all of a sudden, my alarm went off.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I look over at my phone and noticed that the alarm said 9:10. It's time for me to go deliver a 'package' to one of my regular customers. I reached over and took my phone off the coffee table and dismissed the alarm. I take Kuro out of my lap and set him on the floor. Both Nanami and the cat look up at me. 

"Alright, Nanami. I've gotta go." She gives me a confused look. 

"Where are you going?" She asks standing up. 

"I'm just going out for a little while," I reply. 

"You better be in the bed by the time I get home, okay?"

"Okay," Nanami says a little disheartened.

I get up and walk down the short hallway to my bedroom. I go to my dresser and dig under my folded clothes for the 'package' and my switchblade. I put them both in my pocket and lock my bedroom door. Then, I make my way to the entrance of our place and I slip on my shoes and throw on my coat. 

"Lock the door," I say to her. 

She nods in response then says, "Be safe (y/n)."

A smile rises on my face, "I will."

~

I stood leaned up against the wall in a dark alley. The only light source was the brightness of my phone. I was currently distracted with a game called Tap Tap Dash. ({A/n} I'm currently playing this game as I write this. It's honestly pissing me off😅)Then, I heard movement and decided to check my surroundings, there he was. I pulled my hood over my head and walked over to my customer. 

"Do you have the stuff?" He asks while jittering. 

"I always do. Now, where's the money?" I ask sternly. 

He places the money in my hand and I count it just to be safe. '100, 200,250'  I count in my head, making sure that he gave me the right amount of money for the 'package'.  It wasn't all of it. I was missing another 50 dollars.

"Where's the other 50?" I ask in a serious tone.

"I don't have it." He says sheepishly. 

"I'll make sure I give it to you next time." 

Since it was his first time messing up, I let him off the hook but say: "You better have it next time or I cut you off completely." I hand him the package and start walking home.

~

I walk in to see the lights off, but one bright light coming from the living room. Also, the scent of ramen. I hang my coat up and take off my shoes. I take out my switchblade and slowly start to walk towards the source. 

I see the Tv on and notice a guy with pastel blue hair, crimson red eyes, and a blue jacket that has an odd bottom to it. Almost like tails. 

I yell at the man before I attack "Who the hell are you?!" 

Once I swing at him, he dodges my attack, but he disappears. 

"Where'd he go?" I turn around from hearing a *Poof* noise.

"What the f*ck? Kuro?" I say slightly confused. I stare at it and notice that his eyes were the same crimson red as that guy. I get on the defensive. 

"Stop trying to trick me! Get in your real form you vagrant!" I yell practically threatening the strange man. As he transforms, Nanami runs in from her bedroom and stops as she sees our lovable cat change into a guy.

"What's going on?!" She asks as shocked as ever.

"This guy right here is Kuro!" I yell back in response. After my yelled statement, blue light had surrounded my right wrist and his neck. 

Then the strange guy who so happened to be Kuro fell to the ground on his knees and said, "You're so stupid I could die."

A/n- Aaaannnd that's the end of this chapter folks. I hope you enjoyed.