Chapter 3

Seven years later.

Simran’s P.O.V

“Simran make sure your home early today, there's another family to see you.” Aunt Jassi shouts 

Yeah no I’ll come extra late. I thought to myself, I slam the door shut of the house and get in my black Mercedes. 

Urgh doesn't anyone understand me? Another freaking guy. I don't want to get married! I'm only twenty two , I dont even know how to make a round roti... what is this? arghh it  isn't fair and I don't want to get arranged married, I want to choose my guy because I’m the one who has to stay with him for the rest of my life time.

I love how my parents don't want to see me, but they are still sending marriage proposals from rich stuck up Indian guys. 

I clear my head, I drive to the local hospital.

I park the car and get out and make my way into the hospital. 

So wanna know what I ended up becoming? I became a paramedic, my parents were really pissed, as they wanted me to become a doctor but I preferred being a paramedic  and get out of college earlier. 

I enter in the staffroom and greet Kate the boss.   
“hey sim, how are you today?” she asks.

“Hmmm not bad, what about you? “

“yeah I’m good. So what’s up?”

“Is it okay if I can I get a single shift now and a single shift in the evening?

“What’s the problem? I thought you preferred double morning shifts.”

“Well you know the usual.”

“Oh my gosh, another freaking marriage proposal?”

“Aw this is probably the twentieth proposal right? And no worries you can do a double shift.” Smiling at me.
“Thanks boss “

“No worries.”

I head over to the room where we take calls to see if anyone else is here, “Boo.”

“you  got me there James, Hey.”

“basically just wait for a call from people, make some coffee maybe?.” He asks

I head over to the sink to get two mugs when the radio starts beep-ing  beep beep , Hey guys its  Brett a  fifteen year old girl has  fainted at staples stadium, were are nearing to the hospital get a room ready. 

“ Oh coffee can happen later let’s get to work shall we?” James says grinning.

“haha yea later let’s get the room ready.” Returning the grin.

*******~~~~~~~___*********

“Oii James she’s awake.”
“go ask her some questions if she knows what happened.”

“fineee.”

I head over  to the teens bead ; hey Sweetie, my naime is sim and I’mjust going to ask you a few questions is that okay?

“yes.” She replies

“okay so what’s your name and what city do you live in?”

“my name is Sabina and I live in New York.” saying in a duh I’m not dumb tone.
“okay that’s right. do you remember what happened a few hours ago?”

“OMG YES! I was at Justin Bieber’s concert and Justin touched my hand!!! Omg, it was this hand! I’m never washing this Hand ever again.” She says sounding really excited.

Mental face palm , girls these days, was I like that a few years ago? Ehhh too painful to think.

  “wow, okay that’s enough your fine we’ll  get you discharged right away.” I say.

*******************************************************

I open the door with the key, and slowly walk., Trying to hear if anyone else is here.

I could hear Aunt Jassi in the living room “Nai sorry her boss makes her do double shifts sometimes. “

Oh Teri. There still here? Arghh... Next time I'm just going to go over at Anna's house. 
Should I go up to my room , or head over to the living room?

I was about to go upstairs and someone grabs my hand, stopping me from going.

“Simran what are you doing? “ she hisses at me.

“Duh going upstairs”

“Well no , come with me or else I’ll “

“or else what.”

She drags me to the living room.

“Simran this is Vijay and his family. “ she says sweetly gesturing towards them.

“Um.. hello everyone.”I give them a wave.

I didn't say Satsriakaal on purpose so these people would think I'm too modern and not the traditional type.

My aunt glares at me but I just roll my eyes. 

“Simran go make chai, she makes a good cuppa.”  Saying to the guy's parents.

“um can I go get changed first? “

“chal ja fir.” .

I go upstairs and  head into my room and sit on my bed hmm haye ki kara? Oh I’ll text Anna, oi you free tonight? 

What up? She replies

Another marriage proposal man.

Hahahah aw poor you simmy, so you want me to do something big?

Maybe..actually I need your boyfriend to come over and say he’s my boyfriend.

aw Sorry Hun , he’s not even here didn’t I tell ya hes gone to New Jersey.   

All goods, I’ll do something then haha.

I’ll have to do something.  I change out of my work clothes , and choose to wear a singlet top and ripped jeans that I hardly wear and leave my hair out, maybe I can be one of those girls who are so modern.

I head downstairs and get ready for this marriage proposal to go wrong.

 _______________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

dun dun dun.... first of all I am extremely sorry I'm meant to be updating every month but schools taking over my life, I have no balance. but i think i will try to update one a month, and I’ve been struggling a lot with this chapter, so I decided to do a filler. We now know what Simran’s been up to, next chapter  should be up next month. Please comment if you see any mistakes cause I know I have made a few, I really wanted to update so yeah, and please vote.

Have a great day.

-Sim

Follow me on twitter: simiiK_