"These steps aren't nearly enough." He said giving his boyish carefree laugh which made him look much younger than thirty-four.

He opened the bedroom door and all my frustration immediately went through the window. The enormous king-size bed was in the middle of the room with a white sofa at the foot end. The room had a lot of open space untouched. The beautiful view from the outside was breathtaking the blue lake peacefully flowing down the stream. I could see the cottage against the lake and it looked bigger than the average size cottages. It was twice the size of my apartment.

This house... the job... him and his split personality, getting revenge are it all worth it?

"We should freshen up before we leave."

I stand still not saying a word. The house had such little furniture they must still be busy with renovations or does he still have to move in... He didn't say that this is just a vocational home.

"I couldn't help but noticed the house isn't yet fully furnished. Are you moving here to Heisenberg?"

I sounded sad asking him that... If he moves my plan will fail and I won't ever get to see him again.

"Yes, I'm permanently moving here when I've to settle matters at the head office."

"What about the office in Rockdale?"

"The Management team will be in charge of that. I have many organizations to keep track of I can't stay in one place for a long time. But this will be my home, where I'll return to after each business trip I make."

"But..."

"You can always come live with me here."

"Dante..."

"I'll have to be here most of the time until this organization is fully up and running. It would be pointless to stay in Rockdale for me and to take a jet every second day just to be here."

My mind went blank, words couldn't form on my tongue and I couldn't think straight to put a sentence together. It's like we keep taking one step forward and then ten steps backward.

"Rose I know we've only known each other for a week but I'm attracted to you. I know it sounds crazy but I can't explain it. Will you come to stay here with me as my girlfriend?"

I can't believe these words are coming from his mouth.

Does he want a relationship?

I'm having a hard time progressing everything he'd just say to me.

"I'm having a shower are you joining me?" He walks to me and placed his hands on my hips pulling me towards him.

I remove his hands from my waist and turn my back towards him.

"Dante... this is too much... Everything's happening way too fast. I need time to think about this and being here in Heisenberg with you... Can you give me until we get back home to give you an answer? "

I've been planning on getting revenge for my father's company but this man makes it so difficult not to fall in love with him. I never planned on falling in love with the enemy.

*********

The first night in Heisenberg, Dante and I slept in separate bedrooms after avoiding each other when we returned from dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Williams. They were a cute couple in their mid-sixties. Dante was his charming self during dinner but he couldn't fool Mrs. Williams. She accompanied me to the bathroom and asked what the matter was between me and Dante. The only person I could confide in is hundreds of miles away and even though she seems friendly and sincere I couldn't tell her about my messed up past.