Chapter Eighteen

Começar do início

"Yorath." he called out in a hushed tone, laying beside his brother with a worried face. 

Percy rummaged through his pocket, grabbing a small piece of ambrosia and force-feeding it to his groaning brother. "Eat this. I'll stall for time."

The eldest son of time stood up, Firestorm in hand, looking at Helios with a glare that could kill.

"Still willing to fight?" mocked the titan of the sun. 

"I was honestly willing to let you go. Mortals can be foolish sometimes, heck I was too when I was your age." Helios pondered, looking at the two. "But it seems you are committed to trying to kill me. Your funeral."

The two rushed forward, exchanging blow after blow. It seemed like the two were evenly matched. As one sent a strike, the other would parry and counter attack, like a never-ending loop. 

Helios slashed at Percy, the son of time raising his sword and parrying the attack. The two blades collided as the hiss of metal rung throughout the area. The two pushed against each other, trying to get the upper hand. Percy through gritted teeth clutched his sword and pushed back, surprising the titan of the son.

It seemed like Percy was starting to get a lead. 

That was until a singular cough. One cough was all that it needed. His sword hand weakened as the titan of time took this opportunity and rushed the eldest son of time with a hilt to the ribs. Percy staggered back, looking at the titan of the sun with a glare.

"Your perseverance is quite impressive, I must admit." he commended, clutching his sword.

"However I'm done playing. I still have places to be." he sighed out, clutching his sword as the area radiated with power.

Helios rushed forward, sending powerful and heavy strikes against the son of time. He dodged and dodged, he couldn't even try to parry or block. The absolute force of the strikes would send him straight to the ground. 

Percy gasped out as he rolled out of the way, barely avoiding a strike that cracked the pavement next to him. 

He stared at Helios, his breath ragged and irregular. He was starting to tire, his movements which were starting to go sluggish was an indication of that.

"Hey!" Yorath called out. Helios turned to Yorath with a raised eyebrow, confusion on his face.

Yorath who was now fully healed was standing with his left hand in the air, Krios' compass clutched firmly, making sure that Helios knew what he was holding. The power stopped abruptly as he stared at the compass with wide eyes.

"How did you-" he stammered out as the pieced slowly clicked. 

Percy surged forward, raising Firestorm and plunging it straight onto the titan's heart. He gasped as the life slowly started to leave his eyes. The air of confidence which was once prominent was now non-existent.

His body slowly started to disappear, turning into a burst of heat, leaving an orange compass in its wake. 

The two brothers sighed in relief, turning at the compass with a sigh.

"Quick thinking." Percy complimented in between pants, leaning forward and grabbing the orange compass from the ground.

"How're your burns?" he asked, pocketing the orange compass and turning towards Yorath.

He turned to his forearm, examining it like an artist assessing his work. He shrugged out. "Relatively healed, a bit sore and tender on my forearm, but it's better than third-degree burns."