Chapter Eighteen

-Chapter Eighteen-

Percy's body was unmoving, his eyes trained onto the table in front of him. His face was blank, his movements were nonexistent. If not for the slow rising and falling of his chest, any normal person would assume that he was dead. But he wasn't. He was alive. Close to death, but still alive nonetheless.

The eldest son of time stared at the table, his mind locked in concentration and thought. There was nothing particularly interesting about the table. It was merely a spot that his eyes decided to train themselves on for whatever reason. His mind was both clouded and in chaos. He knew they had to go out again and takedown more titans. He just wished he could stay in place and never move, forever ignorant of the death that was approaching him. 

He shook his head, looking at his watch. He only had a day left until he would eventually succumb to the strain. They had to act fast and with decisiveness. His eyes trained themselves not on his death counter, but on the actual time. He sighed, dusk inching closer and closer.

He sighed and stood from his chair, stretching his sore limbs. His body ached from overexertion. But he had to push through with whatever remaining strength in him.

"You ready?" his brother asked, giving Percy a raised eyebrow. The eldest son of time merely shrugged, grabbing the scabbard that was lazily placed onto the table. He clutched Firestorm in his other hand and sheathed it, turning to Yorath with a thumbs up.

---

Percy was following the compass silently when the two stopped in their tracks, feeling the presence of the divine. The two shared a look of cautiousness, slowly pocketing their compasses and preparing themselves for a fight. 

The silhouette of a person walking out of the alleyway, patrolling the city for any rebellious human that might be sneaking around the city past curfew. The titan of the sun stepped into the light, staring at the two brothers with a raised eyebrow.

His eyes were a fiery yellow, his whole aura radiating power and divinity. The titan of time wore a simple yellow shirt with pants and combat boots. The two would've assumed he was a mortal from the way he dressed, if not for the literal flaming eyes being a dead giveaway.

"You must be pretty brave strolling around the city at these times." Helios remarked, a deadly edge in his voice. The two stepped back as the titan of time walked forward with a stride, an air of bravado and confidence radiating from him.

"Oh? Those are weapons? Going to try and challenge me I presume?" the titan of the sun guessed as the two brothers kept their eyes locked onto the titan.

"Be my guest!" He laughed out, a sword appearing in his hand. "Many have tried, and failed."

The titan of the sun circled the two brothers, a sickly smirk on his face. "Heroes, demigods, gods themselves have tried. What makes you different?" 

The titan of the sun launched himself forward sword in hand, making a flurry of slashes, each one intending to end it all. The two brothers were better than that, they avoided it and reassessed the situation, trying to find a chink in his armour, a weakness that they could exploit.

The titan of the sun raised his sword and brought it down in one fatal strike, an intense heat surging forward to the two brothers. Percy reacted quickly and rolled out of the way. Yorath didn't have time to dodge and raised his arms in a sort of defiance. He met the intense heat head-on as blisters formed and burn marks appeared on his forearm. Yorath gasped in pain, dropping onto the ground with a thud.

Percy widened his eyes and rushed towards Yorath, trying to check if he is alright.

"Only a few minutes in and one of you is already wounded." the titan of the sun twirled the sword in his hand, looking at the two with an amused expression.